Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Track Bound.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front end collision with the tow hook of a dodge ram. He took zero damage, I applied brakes but it was raining, slid for about 15 feet, into his rear end at about 18mph. This is what happens when people reverse on a two lane road cuz they missed their turn.

Truth is I've been trying to sell it for weeks, months really, but have been stumbling across more issues every month that I've been fixing slowly but surely. Had it for 2.5 years, bought it when I didn't know a thing about cars. Absolutely loved it, made a name for itself in gwinnett and on the track. Now I know aloooooot more and I'm ready for a real project. So I'm honestly ready to let it go. Question, is the damage repairation going to cost more than I owe on the car? ($2600) Full coverage. It was towed to a shop where it now sits. Waiting for an insurance adjuster to check it out.

The radiator cracked wide open, busted the fan, pushed the core support for the latch back and likely cracked it, broke the bracket holding front left light in place, ripped a hose, hood obviously wasted. I dont know if it touched my intake or exhaust mani, couldnt pry the hood up, but i kinda doubt it. I want them to write the car off as totaled but I'm not sure the dmg is enough. I've had a similar wreck before and it cost $4500. What do u guys think

·
Registered
475 Posts
It is repairable for less then that if u do all the work yourself but if you take it to the shop it will be expensive..if they total the car are you gonna keep it or let it go?? If so will you sell anything off of it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Track Bound.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, that's what I figured.

I'm on the fence about keeping it if they total it. I'm not familiar with how that whole process works. If it works out that they pay off what I owe and give me enough to find a cheap running car on craigslist then let me keep the 3g, I'll have it towed to my place and just part it out. Friend me and if I do get to part it out I'll let folks know.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sorry about what happened :/ Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Pretty sure you'll have to pay a fee to keep the car, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Savannah here. What color is the interior? If you are going to part it out i am very interested in your interior pieces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts