Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my 03' GS 2.4L is idling at 500-550 (Kind of Rough), no accessories on. With accessories + A/C on, idles at 450-500 (Very Rough). BEFORE I did this work, the car was idling at 1,100 - 1,500.

I disconnected the battery when I did rear motor mount and throttle body, and have waited over 24 hours of driving for the computer to re-learn idle.

I don't know how to check the compression or PSI of engine or anything. I have an OBDII Scan Tool that puts the PSI on a graph that says "BOOST/PSI" and updates live while I drive (Troque Pro) but I don't know how to read this data. SEL code is IDLE LOWER THAN EXPECTED.

The parts I replaced that I believe attribute to the idle are as follows:
  • OEM Air Intake Tubes + New Air Filter
  • Removed and Cleaned to Shiny New Condition -> Throttle Body
  • New Throttle Body Vacuum Lines. (Only the ones directly connected to TB)
  • New BISS Screw with O-Ring on throttle body
  • New Throttle Body Gasket
  • Cleaned IAC (Idle Air Control)
  • New EGR Valve + Vacuum Lines attached to it
  • New Motor Mounts Installed
  • New Radiator
  • New Top + Bottom Radiator Hoses
  • New Coolant Hoses on Throttle Body
  • New Ignition Coils + Cables
  • New Starter
  • New Negative + Positive Battery Terminals
I would like to manually adjust the idle using the tiny screw on the throttle body but I don't think this is the correct way to do this and would hate to create more problems down the road. I've exhausted my research into this and don't want to have to bring it to a mechanic to adjust the idle. Maybe I'm being impatient but it doesn't seem to be improving as I drive. Will be ordering a Brand New Valve Cover + Gasket to see if this helps pressure. Also, when I tap the PCV hose port, it makes that rattle noise I heard it's supposed to make.. At a loss here, please help with suggestions. :dunno::eek3::turboboink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try unplugging your Mass Air Flow sensor with it running. If the revs/idle dont change, you got a bad MAF. Warning be prepared to spend nearly $400 if you go OEM. I'm running a autozone reman MAF on the 3.0l. 6-7 months in, no issues....yet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts