Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have an 03 spyder gs with a loist of mods. cai,cat back, header, tb sap, trans swap. I went out for a weekely car meet up and fun driving. The drive started great. As i was going down a highway the car surged a little and had a loss of power. I pulled in to a parking lot and after a little bit of time the car would not crank. The starter did not budge at all. I was able to push start the car and it ran like shit. the idle was a little loopy and it wanted to keep backfiring. Kinda smelled gas to. I got a code P0335 crank sensor. Does this line up? i search and it seemed to be a little different. There was a noise when i was driving to. Hard to describe. BUt no noise at idle really. Please help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey just wanted to add in a few notes: the past few weeks my idle has been fluctuating from 1000 to 600. I was able to drive the car to my dorm it just drove crappy.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
You have a code for crank sensor failure and plenty of symptoms to back it up. Why are you asking us to tell you it's the crank sensor?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am asking because it seems like most people will get a crank no start where i am gettin a no crank.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked my spark advance and it was at 61 degees so im going with bad sensor. But why is my starter not even trying?? i turn the key and the radio goes off and clock podd dims but no clicking or anything. the guages stay bright, dont dim at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the same exact thing happened to me and it was on a short drive but code still existed as explained I thought I ran out of oil but wasn't for sure right or wrong probably had some in there at least but got a storage locker had her sitting there for almost a month or two she went back to normal in the everything was back to code but then shortly after evap on my fuel filler did that code went away and code before evap was the camshaft sensor got that done now it's the crankshaft sensor I go to take my timing cover off and I see dead center a crack in the timing belt so now I'm forced to do all belts and try to do four three three AC delete belt length cuz informs I read it was perfect to instead of a 43.5 now today this is my second post as a user and I just replaced by making a gasket on my timing cover hopefully it works got a broken bowl on one of the pulley holds I have a break at the top back of the motor where the alternator is and the top timing mark for your synchronization. Really hope that after I did the crankshaft sensor only could left to take care of she starts because it's not just you can't see it's that I've been getting good at guessing and soon enough I will have another post if she starts or not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts