Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jjust cure my strange problem list, 1 water on passenger side floor after rain- fresh air intake cracked allowing excessive water in , sealed no wet floors 2 water on trunk floor-in hatch valley are 2 drain holes ,cleared clogs ,dry floor now . and the biggy 3 code for random misfires,changed fuel pump ,no result ,changed idle air control solenoid no effect . claned mass air flow and throttle body nothing. then changed manifold air pressure sensor , that was the winner, so if you get that random misfire or jumping rpm ,look at maf sensor first,,,,good prices at rockauto and partsgeek but be sure to compair to illistration of part and most important be sure its modle specific

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
680 Posts
Yes. I have been through the differential manifold pressure thing with mine. I was ill at the time so I farmed the repairs out two two different shops. No one could fine the issue. When I recovered from my illness, I got into it. I went back over the shop work orders and figured out what they DID NOT try. It was the manifold pressure sensor. Tested it with my meter and it failed. That and a bit of an EGR control issue solved and she has been running flawess for a year now. I have learned, if you want it fixed. Do it yourself. ...J.D.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im getting a manufactures code of P1400, no clue what it means.happened after install of map sensor. maybe sensor not correct . was factory closeout so maybe. anyone sell actual mitsubishi parts

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
680 Posts
I would have to look that one up. Maybe someone else has the codes at hand. How is it running now ? ...J.D.

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT
558 Posts
P1400 is the manifold differential pressure sensor, located on top of the intake plenum near the firewall. Some people (and some stores) call it the map sensor, but it's really the manifold differential pressure sensor.

Anyways, the only thing that sets P1400 is the MDPS itself, its connector, or its wiring.

Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
680 Posts
Funny. When mine failed I did not get a code. It all started one day when the fuel mixture just went way rich. You could smell the fuel. We were way out in the sticks. Before I could get it somewhere to shut it down it had already fouled several oxygen sensors. ...J.D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts