Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently bought an 03 gts spyder, with one of the biggest problems with the car being that the seats dont recline to allow access to the back seats. not a major problem but something i would like to solve if possible, though considering some tears in the seats it wouldnt be THAT big a deal if i cant fix them, would just mean having to hunt down replacements sooner than later. can anyone offer advice on how to go about trying to get the seats working right again, and/or what the best avenue would be to get replacements (preferably stock but if theres no reliable way to get stock seats then i guess cheaper racing seats and brackets are the only option right?) thanks for any help you guys can give!

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
The lever to fold the seat forward to allow passengers to get in is at the side of the seat.. Pull up on that lever and the seat should fold forwards . If this does not happen then the operating cable is broke or come loose. If you are sitting in the seat and pull this lever you can recline backwards... Take your car to your local auto upholstery shop and they should be able to help you better..

·
Registered
249 Posts
So i recently bought an 03 gts spyder, with one of the biggest problems with the car being that the seats dont recline to allow access to the back seats. not a major problem but something i would like to solve if possible, though considering some tears in the seats it wouldnt be THAT big a deal if i cant fix them, would just mean having to hunt down replacements sooner than later. can anyone offer advice on how to go about trying to get the seats working right again, and/or what the best avenue would be to get replacements (preferably stock but if theres no reliable way to get stock seats then i guess cheaper racing seats and brackets are the only option right?) thanks for any help you guys can give!
The best option is to buy my seats at an unbelievable bargain price if you live near NY, and you're still looking? PM me.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
This post is looking for seats also... compatible other car seats?
I could become a rich man just doing ... 1...2..and 3G Mitsubishi Interiors and Convertible Tops...
Any one living in the Southwestern Ontario Canada area ..or willing to travel to may contact me here on site... Here`s is some pic`s of my work...

Rear bench from 00-05 Eclipse

Converted fishing boat to Sport.. The dog house use to be in the center with two small seats on each side. I added a Sun Deck with full bench seat and closed in the sides ..

1940 Ford front bench seat............................That`s my best bud in the background.... I believe my work speaks for itself ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts