Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
You need to flash your original rom that has the correct immobilizer code in it. Also if it's an auto the correct rom version is crucial for it to run and shift correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to flash your original rom that has the correct immobilizer code in it. Also if it's an auto the correct rom version is crucial for it to run and shift correctly.
I thought I'd saved it but it's nowhere on my computer and it's telling me that I have a gt now instead of a gts I have tactrix and ecu flash can't I just delete the immobilizer and it's a 5mt

·
Registered
737 Posts
This exact reason is why I tell people not to mess with EcuFlash unless they're experienced and have their stock rom backed up. Literally the first step is reading your rom from the ecu and saving it to a file.

Send me a message on here and I'll give you my email. Then you can send me the rom to delete the immobilizer and hopefully the thing runs if it starts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right and I know your right but ok going to make mistakes along the way I'm sure but I'm also sure that I saved it but I can't find it in not sure if I got it didn't hit save or what but I've got a new laptop everything installed tomorrow I'll hopefully get some time to sit down with it again and if it wasn't for hard lessons I wouldn't have had any lessons at all lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
This exact reason is why I tell people not to mess with EcuFlash unless they're experienced and have their stock rom backed up. Literally the first step is reading your rom from the ecu and saving it to a file.

Send me a message on here and I'll give you my email. Then you can send me the rom to delete the immobilizer and hopefully the thing runs if it starts.
Is it feasible to delete the immobilizer? I thought it could not be done. Further to this, not sure why one would. If you buy a blank key and the have the VIN the dealer can cut a keep.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Is it feasible to delete the immobilizer? I thought it could not be done. Further to this, not sure why one would. If you buy a blank key and the have the VIN the dealer can cut a keep.
I've found a way to delete the immobilizer along with dozens of CEL codes and verified it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Friends know it an a old post but have a issue with 2000 eclipse v6 21810021 that need to remove or disable the immovilizer, have the stock file but not the correct definitions to change the immo, any of you have this definitions? or know were to find ? can send by email my base file and definitions that i have for this

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi Friends know it an a old post but have a issue with 2000 eclipse v6 21810021 that need to remove or disable the immovilizer, have the stock file but not the correct definitions to change the immo, any of you have this definitions? or know were to find ? can send by email my base file and definitions that i have for this

Thanks for any help
There are no issues that require disabling the immobilizer unless you:
1) are too cheap to pay for a new key to be programmed by the dealer
2) are stealing/stole the car and towed it away and are now trying to get it started
3) lost the original rom and have already flashed over it without transferring the immobilizer code

Sounds like #3 isn't the case since your definition file isn't complete so what's your reason?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ive found success i appreciate the help and criticism they have been a big motivator into learning to efficiently use ecuflash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts