Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time posting here. i just replaced the clutch in my 03 spyder gs with a stage 2 clutch kit from competition clutch and TOB was replaced as well.I put everything back together and bleed the hydraulic system from the nipple on the slave cylinder with dot 3 brake fluid. Refilled the transmission fluid. When i started the car on jacks without the tires and it goes into all gears but when on the floor with the tires on it wont go into any gear. It won't grind or make any noise. I tried starting the car in gear on the ground and it jumps forward and it shuts off replaced the slave cylinder and bleed the system again and same results. Clutch pedal feels resistant it doesn't fall to the ground immediately. did some research and haven't come up with anyone with the same issue. What could it be?

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
If your hydraulic system is operating correctly, it has to be something in the clutch assembly. Your symptoms are indicative of the input shaft of the transmission not being allowed to spin independent of the engine crank shaft.

Disassemble and check for free movement of all of the parts. Make sure clutch friction disk isn't installed backwards. Make sure clutch fork is installed correctly and not worn out. Make sure TOB is connected to clutch fork correctly. Check the condition of the pilot bearing (if it has one, never did a clutch on a gs). Make sure parts are correct for your car.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Follow up. I just tried to find a clutch from competition clutches that is speced to fit your car. Nothing came up for the GS. Only 2g eclipses and maybe something for a GT or GTS. Are you sure you have the correct clutch for your GS?

Edit: My bad, I think I found it. Did you order 5048-0100?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.