Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Senior Member VIP
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the specs on the wrx blue injectors. Supposedly they are drop ins but they look kinda small...:dunno: so if anybody installed them let me know the specs and results thanks

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
do you know anything about the MAF to use i hear alot about the GM MAF but where do i get one?
GM MAFS can be obtained off ebay for about 60 dollars with the harness. Type in under seach for MAF translator and you should get a few. Id go for a 3.5 inch rather than a 3 for less restriction

·
Senior Member VIP
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and do you know where i can get a apexi safc cheap NEW? i looked on ebay and they have one for 300 bucks which is cheap but let me know if you see anything cheaper...

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Oh and do you know where i can get a apexi safc cheap NEW? i looked on ebay and they have one for 300 bucks which is cheap but let me know if you see anything cheaper...

are you a 5 speed, if so its better to tune by swapping in a newer 2001+ ecu and using reflash software. A new ecu can usually be obtained for 60-130$

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
you should try the ecu swap man probably going to be the cheapest way. I see your a 2000 but it's really not that complicated of a swap i assure you.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
do you know anything about the MAF to use i hear alot about the GM MAF but where do i get one?
http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/102690-infomative-gm-maf-faq.html
read cloudinc's thread on that one
http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/51458-clouds-turbo-project.html
aftermath
http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/85887-clouds-built-sohc-4g64-project.html

Does anybody know the specs on the wrx blue injectors. Supposedly they are drop ins but they look kinda small...:dunno: so if anybody installed them let me know the specs and results thanks
I thought you were doin yer readin man this one gets mentioned all the time:nono:http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/78046-100-fuel-system-solution-thesis.html

·
Galant-Turbo
382 Posts
you wont need the safc if youre using the maft gen 2. they both do the same thing. rather use that money to pay a tuner to flash the car

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tuning, go with ECUFLASH.

MAf, I upgraded mine to an EVO VIII maf and tweaked my maf settings in my flash to reflect that. Evo guys are making 500+ hp on stock maf. SOme are sucking the screen through, but with what we have, we will never suck and maf screen through a stock maf. Only advantage I seen for going with the gm maf on our cars is if you got boost? vac leaks, the GM maf is a bandaid for that. I just made sure i was wire tight on that. It was cheaper for me to go that route.

Also, the 3g MAF and EVO maf are physically the same exact size, the difference is the evo maf is calibrated for higher air flow. Only difference between the two is the scaling.

The INjectors : I have a set of the 03 wrx injectors as well. I modded mine to flow 850cc at 43.5 psi. AT wot throttle and fuel pressure at 50 psi they will flow 910cc. So I have no problem with fuel. You can leave yours at 440cc and just run an adjustable FPR to up fuel pressures for the top end. You could make about 230 CHP on 440cc at 50 psi rail pressure. If you mod them for the 850cc at 43.5 psi you would have enough fuel for 455 chp so duty cycle would be low. Rememeber at WOT your rail pressure is around 48-50 psi.

·
Soon to be boosted..
376 Posts
if ur car is MT, the best thing to do is to flash the evo romon ur cpu (ur car must be 2001+ though)
if ure sporty or auto, unfortunately u dont have a lot of choices: u can run a dual ecu or get an emanage. i would avoid the safc for sure though!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Tuning, go with ECUFLASH.

MAf, I upgraded mine to an EVO VIII maf and tweaked my maf settings in my flash to reflect that. Evo guys are making 500+ hp on stock maf. SOme are sucking the screen through, but with what we have, we will never suck and maf screen through a stock maf. Only advantage I seen for going with the gm maf on our cars is if you got boost? vac leaks, the GM maf is a bandaid for that. I just made sure i was wire tight on that. It was cheaper for me to go that route.

Also, the 3g MAF and EVO maf are physically the same exact size, the difference is the evo maf is calibrated for higher air flow. Only difference between the two is the scaling.

The INjectors : I have a set of the 03 wrx injectors as well. I modded mine to flow 850cc at 43.5 psi. AT wot throttle and fuel pressure at 50 psi they will flow 910cc. So I have no problem with fuel. You can leave yours at 440cc and just run an adjustable FPR to up fuel pressures for the top end. You could make about 230 CHP on 440cc at 50 psi rail pressure. If you mod them for the 850cc at 43.5 psi you would have enough fuel for 455 chp so duty cycle would be low. Rememeber at WOT your rail pressure is around 48-50 psi.

Is the clip between the 3g and evo maf the same or do you have to splice some wires?? an evo maf would go for a fraction af the cost of a maft...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
well i already got the maf for 10+200 maf vs. 70 for the evo maf. Ill at least check it out before i spend 200 on the maft. Besides i was under the impression there was splicing involved. Didnt feel like hunting for pinout diagrams an stuff but whatever. thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
No splicing. Plugs in, the 2 are exactly the same physically

1 - 19 of 19 Posts