Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
!!!So I redid my setup and decieded to bump my thread!!!

My current setup is:
-AAI manifold and downpipe
-T3T4 turbo 57 trim 63 AR
-10AN return line, 4AN feed
-28x6x2.5 intercooler
-Ultimate racing evo8 intercooler piping modified
- Greddy type RS BOV
-Evo8 fuel rail and regulator
-WRX 440cc injectors
-AEm Uego wideband AF gauge
-Tial Greddy badged 38mm wastegate with external dump
-Walbaro 255 fuel pump

here are the pics

Red knob is for boost adjustment

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I hope you go through with this~!

I love to hear another person is going turbo. I think we should get every 4cyl turbo on here.

Whats your thoughts on tuning, and is that the only reason you're still waiting?

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you go through with this~!

I love to hear another person is going turbo. I think we should get every 4cyl turbo on here.

Whats your thoughts on tuning, and is that the only reason you're still waiting?
my thoughts of tuning as as follows: I run a wet shot of nitrous so If I do lean out I can just increase my fuel just and throw more fuel into the fire. I plan on using an adjustable timing gear to lower timing a little, so that should control most of my timing issue's I shall run into. I like the IAT and Speed density route meaning MAFT-pro may be for me, plus I love the self tuning feature. I also do believe that for 6-10 psi extreme amounts of tuning is not required. I may be able to get away on a emanage. I just have to consider how much am I willing to spend and what are my final desired goals. I am only shooting for 300whp on the 50 shot, which means I want about 250whp just off the turbo.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cool. Can't wait to see pics. Just curious, isn't the evo 8 intercooler huge? seems like it would take alot to make fit?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've finally grew a set and decieded to get serious into my install. Im running a wet Nitrous kit now, But will also plan on running a turbo also. Here is what Is in my possession now:

-evo8 16g, Brand new, boxed from Mitsubishi.
-Brand new Megan Racing ramhorn manifold
- Perrin Evo8 Fuel rail
-AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Evo8 intercooler
-Zex Spark plugs***************

Im on a tuning saga right now and contimplating many methods. By Jan 1st I shall have picked the way to go. Me being automatic plays a huge role in why im still thinking, and Im a 2000.

please give/sell those zex plugs, they hate/despise boost, just do a search here in the forum on "zex spark plugs" they may work good for Nitrous but I know they're horrible on Boost.

Anyhow hope you go through with the build, it's worth it, trust me ;)

http://www.club3g.com/forum/1840737-post53.html

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just curious, isn't the evo 8 intercooler huge? seems like it would take alot to make fit?
Nope...it just wont
SOOO.... I've got some new pictures of my FMIC... It's straight off an Evo VIII. I got it mounted a couple days ago, and it still needs a little work... Ok, alot of work, but it's an InterFOOLer for now. It sticks out rather far, but I'm thinking of getting a 2003 bumper to give it a little more space.

Notice how it pushes on the bumber a bit, that SHOULD be remedied by a 2003 bumper, right?

There's no way to mount this Intercooler ANYWHERE except in front of the bumper...unless you cut the bumper, which I wasn't about to do...maybe later, but not now...

It's a little to the passenger side, because it was dark and i don't have a garage, it's ok, though because I can move it over a bit... this was all just test fitment. I'm going to cut the inlet and outlet pipes, turn them about 45' towards the rear, and weld them back on, this will take care of the bottom fitment issue, and make my piping line up better.

I'm using stock Evo VIII piping for the LICP, and am customizing my Injen CAI for the UICP... I'll have more pictures when I start the turbo install...still waiting on a couple parts and for my friend to finish his project until I start doing alot of the machining...

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
I guess you'll be changing your username to 04gsFI then?
:rofl: That's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. You beat me to it :fawk:

Good luck with the build, man. As always, we'll be here for knowledge and emotional support :bigthumb:

G

·
woo hoo another turbo project!!! I'm happy so many people are turboing these things! good luck with everything, keep us posted!! EVO 8 IC is gonna look beautiful!

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks everyone who responded and has given support. Ill adress some issue's now and even answer some questions;

the evo8 intercooler plan is to cut the end tank pipes and flip them over so they are facing the rear. Im cutting the bumper as much as I can.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what the fuck happend to it... are you still going to sell it after its fixed...
I was dead as tired, driving home from Rhode Island and leaned over to get a Cd from I the glove box. Knocked it into Tiptronic and did not realize it. rpms went to 7k and I felt it stutter a lil, I look over and throw it into "D" and the timing belt snaps. Im hoping to sell it after its back

G

·
daaamn thats why i prefer manual...no offense tho brother ->but with manual, you do feel/hear/see that you did something wrong :)
unfortunate thing tho very unfortunate when that belt snaps all you can do is pray that it wont cost you a huge fortune (cause you know its not cheap)

1 - 20 of 137 Posts