Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Muscle Car Wars: The Muscle Car Wars Are On! Dodge Reveals Commercial, Challenger SRT8 Pricing To Start At $37,995

Link said:
Dodge Challenger SRT8 available for $37,995

• The American muscle coupe is back, packed with modern technology and innovation
• Demand for contemporary version of iconic pony car drives Dodge to accept orders for the 2008 Challenger SRT8® beginning Dec. 3, 2007
• Introduction begins with limited-edition Dodge Challenger SRT8 models - each with numbered dash plaque
• Complete, broader Challenger lineup details and pricing still to come
• 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 models feature 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 and are available in Black, Silver or HEMI Orange

Not too bad, I would've expected it to be in the 45+ range, not bad.

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
Yeaaaahhh. 4200lbs., 425hp, $38K before ri-cock-ulous dealer markups.

...But people, by and large, ignored the 3800lb., 400hp, $29K GTO. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Don't get me wrong, if I could afford either (even with the Dodge being slightly faster) I'd go with the GTO... but that'll just have to wait til a further date.

Edit*: Oh, and the 425 isn't a definate number yet, it's more than likely going to be a tad bit higher...the old 6.1 was at that mark, but a "re-vamp" is supposed to be taking place.. we'll see.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Because the GTO looks like a big Cavalier.
glad someone else thinks the way i do. i have always thought the GTO looked the same as the grand am's with a ls1 stuffed in it. they had the right idea with the motor, but dropped the ball big time in redoing the looks..almost like it was rushed to be put out on the market.

this challenger wins hands down in the looks department of all the new retro muscle cars IMO.:bigthumb:

·
350Z (Z33)
2,205 Posts

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
this challenger wins hands down in the looks department of all the new retro muscle cars IMO.:bigthumb:
I agree. Ford and Chevy made the Mustang and Camaro look too futuristic retro. This Challenger looks much more like the original. I'll take one in Plum Crazy Purple, please :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.