Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autoblog said:

A ten-second quarter mile time in stock trim has been reserved for limited production supercars only. However, a man proved that with the right combination of weather and skill a completely stock C6 Corvette Z06 can break 11.0. During a private test and tune event at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) Jamie Furman and his C6 Z06 running on the stock Goodyear F1 EMT run flat tires hit 10.98 at 129 mph in the 1320. The run was validated by a track official to achieve the record for quickest mass production vehicle. While the run was aided by near sea level track elevation and 40-degree air temperature, it still took refined gear banging skills to secure the record. Mr. Furman did not leave well enough alone with one record though. After hitting the 10s on the stock tires he threw on a set of drag radials to see what would happen. He hit 10.83 at 130 mph, breaking the previous drag radial standard of 10.85.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
That is a damn impressive time. A 1.77 60' on street tires in 40 degrees equally so, though being a rental day don't think they didn't dump half a drum of VHT on the starting line for him.

·
I r bad spellr, stfu
4,028 Posts
Damn that is impressive. Just makes me want one even more! Not that I am that good of a driver but I love how they look and they are DAMN FAST!

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Well if these cars are producing such nice track number with good drivers, the I wonder what the Sting Ray version will put out when it comes out. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts