Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Digital Eclipse
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just placed in the 98.5 The Beat/Mothers Window tint SPL contest!!

I was the only one there with a carpc, someone told me that the Beach Boys Good Vibrations hit hard, so i downloaded it from Youtube with my carpc just before it was my turn.

131.4Db​

How good is that?

I have one kicker solobaric L7 15 2ohm, one SPL 3500W amp, 0/0ga power wire, redtop optima, aftermarket 250amp alternator, Carpc with 24bit 7.1ch THX certified surround sound, 4farad cap, complete dynomat install (whole car) foam spray in noise dampening, mbquart components : here are some

pics

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on placing, I really like your setup, I have two 12" compvr kickers in my car with a lame 1000 watt kenwood amp barely pushing them. But that SPL is impressive from just one woofer.

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts
131 seems pretty low for that 15 though, or am I just hallucinating

·
Digital Eclipse
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yupp. Pretty low. 137 seems more correct.
I did play "good vibrations" by the beach boys as a bet, the guy didnt think that i had it, but what he didnt know is i have internet in my car, I know it hits harder than that, but the funny thing is, there were people that had 5 and 6 subs and i beat them.... dunno

·
JVP
703 Posts
I did play "good vibrations" by the beach boys as a bet, the guy didnt think that i had it, but what he didnt know is i have internet in my car, I know it hits harder than that, but the funny thing is, there were people that had 5 and 6 subs and i beat them.... dunno
Yeah could have been their equipment and number of subwoofers doesn't mean much. Good job though. Last competition I did was the install I did for my friend. I installed for him 2 12inch kicker solo x subwoofers with components all around all amp'd with MTX thunder elite's. We hit 158 and thats with no sound deadening and ported boxes. Let me tell ya those things move some air and his ceiling which looked like it was moving up and down 4-6 inches. lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
131 seems pretty low for that 15 though, or am I just hallucinating
agreed. is a little low but gotta consider it looks to be a sealed box. plus the fact that most 15s are actually designed more for SQL and not SPL. they may sound really loud but putting it on a mic is a little different. what sort of mic did they use? termlab im assuming? clean setup though. i do like it :)

·
FutureSleeper
352 Posts
agreed. is a little low but gotta consider it looks to be a sealed box. plus the fact that most 15s are actually designed more for SQL and not SPL. they may sound really loud but putting it on a mic is a little different. what sort of mic did they use? termlab im assuming? clean setup though. i do like it :)
take another look. it's a dual ported box....

·
Digital Eclipse
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know, but i think they knocked off an extra 10Db for this:

Actually i know it hits a lot harder, i had the gain turned only a quarter of the way up on the amp and the subsonic filter was way off, but i am thinking about purchasing another L715 and building a bigger box, i know my power system can handle it. I would only add it for competition, keep the single sub for daily use...

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
You should be hitting much higher than that, but congrats on the win. :yesway:

Check out the member who's got 1 18" in his...he's over 150's with that bad-boy. It's all about the box though. Next box go for one large port (slot port) rather than two smaller ports. You'll likely see better numbers out of that. I wouldn't waste your time with two speakers. You can get a LOT more out of that 15". I wouldn't be surprised to see you hit mid-140's with the right box.

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
hey man, how does that DYnomat work for keeping out road noise? i want to put that in my truck to make it quite!

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts

·
Digital Eclipse
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey man, how does that DYnomat work for keeping out road noise? i want to put that in my truck to make it quite!
I did the whole inside of my car for less than 100 bucks, it wasnt the actual dynomat brand, but just as good if not better, road noise is next to zero!

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts