Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, so I'm getting these:

Mint 17x9 20 Str 522 5x114 3 5x100 Wheels Aggressive Concave Acura 5x4 5 JDM | eBay

because: Great deal and I have a Dove White Pearl '01 GS Spyder.

I've looked and looked and looked and looked and LOOKED.

So please don't try and tell me that I haven't. I'm in college and I'm used to being very thorough in my research. Trust me. I've looked in google, and on here and other websites. On here I found some threads arguing over what will fit, and what will not.

Well, how about I roll the fenders then? That was one question I seen a few times. I was reading threads from 2008, so I know a lot has changed and I just need the right answers.

Also, anyone happen to know where I could get my fenders PROFESSIONALLY rolled in Knoxville, Tn? EAG (European Auto Garage) was doing them back in 2010 *I read a thread saying they had the tool in their garage. but I called them, and they told me they don't do them. I hate how dated some of the internet's information can be sometimes. *ugh*:facepalm:

and I plan on lowering the car (not too much) but enough to make it sit nicely.

~*~*~*ALSO: any recommendation on tire sizes to go on these rims?

any and all advice and comments will be kindly accepted. Though I know I'll probably get hate, I'm a 90's kid so I think I can handle it. lol, just let me know what you guys think I should do. I tried searching for other sized tires but I couldn't find any other rims online that were in Tiffany Blue/Mint color. Surprisingly bc I thought they were pretty sought after/popular.

ALSO: any suggestions on what coilovers work well with the Eclipse will be appreciated. I was thinking of these:

D2 Racing RS 36STEP Adjustable Coilovers 00 05 Mitsubishi Eclipse 99 03 Galant | eBay

or these? ***What's the difference between the two?? They both have the same specs, from what the descriptions say.

D2 Racing RS 36 Step Adjustable Coilovers Suspension Mitsubishi Eclipse 00 05 | eBay

Thanks again in advance. :wavey:

·
Cone Killer
1,297 Posts
Just off the top of my head; You may be able to purchase the tool required to roll your fenders, it sounds familiar to me. But that may costs a little bit. Regarding the coilovers, they may actually both function fine in both cars. Some parts between models are the same as you can imagine. Again, this is all just coming off the top of my head as I have not researched much into your problem other than the post haha.
Edit;
You'll probably want to stick to these ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/D2-RACING-RS-36-STEP-ADJUSTABLE-COILOVERS-SUSPENSION-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-00-05-/190865510327?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2001%7CModel%3AEclipse%7CSubmodel%3AGS&hash=item2c70788fb7&vxp=mtr
After looking at them you can tell the end away from the springs are different between the Galant and Eclipse. Sticking with the product actually made for your car would probably be your best bet :yesway:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice it was for the Galant, I see now. haha :p

and yea, I saw the Fender Roller at TireRack.com and was about to purchase it, bc if it bolts on, how hard could it be to do it myself with a heat gun? haha, I just didn't know if there was a stopping point I should worry about. Maybe I'll just roll each one and do them one at a time and put the rim on and see how it looks until I'm happy. lol.

Also, I wonder what size tires I should get for these?? (actually, i found the answer on another thread for this question.) and for anyone that was wondering: it's 235/45-17 for a 17 inch tire with a 9 inch width.

·
Cone Killer
1,297 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice it was for the Galant, I see now. haha :p

and yea, I saw the Fender Roller at TireRack.com and was about to purchase it, bc if it bolts on, how hard could it be to do it myself with a heat gun? haha, I just didn't know if there was a stopping point I should worry about. Maybe I'll just roll each one and do them one at a time and put the rim on and see how it looks until I'm happy. lol.

Also, I wonder what size tires I should get for these??
Haha no worries.

I couldn't tell ya much about that mainly because Ive personally never used one :dunno: Maybe look up some videos of people using them and reviews? That may help give you an idea of what you'll be getting into.

Tire wise I'm not sure. They're 17" right? Thats the size of my rims, and I have low profile tires and they look really good once its lowered. Take a look around at the members ride's threads too you might find a certain style you like with 17's

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha no worries.

I couldn't tell ya much about that mainly because Ive personally never used one :dunno: Maybe look up some videos of people using them and reviews? That may help give you an idea of what you'll be getting into.

Tire wise I'm not sure. They're 17" right? Thats the size of my rims, and I have low profile tires and they look really good once its lowered. Take a look around at the members ride's threads too you might find a certain style you like with 17's
Thank you dude. I found the tire size that go well on 17's with a 9 inch width. 235/45-17

I don't want anything too low profile just because i like a little sidewall to bring the gap together with the rim and the car. but i'll definitely scope out some other pics. Thanks:)

·
Cone Killer
1,297 Posts
Thank you dude. I found the tire size that go well on 17's with a 9 inch width. 235/45-17

I don't want anything too low profile just because i like a little sidewall to bring the gap together with the rim and the car. but i'll definitely scope out some other pics. Thanks:)
No problem, glad I could help a bit! And I understand that about the low profile haha. Get some pictures up whenever you get it all on. Usually I'm not a fan of odd colors like that but I think it will look really good with the color of your car :yesway:

·
Cone Killer
1,297 Posts
yeah definitely! I haven't seen any Eclipse on here or around the internet with this setup or color combo - surprisingly! haha, well to me it's surprising, anyways. :p
I have yet to see it too haha. Except an all mint custom painted 3g with black rims, and I think it looks really cool. Again, usually not my thing but it still pulled it off haha

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
More off the top thoughts:

Eclispe and Galant basically share tons of parts, I think suspension included. Pictures of the parts on ebay may be generic and not actually be any good for trying to see exactly what you'll get or for comparisons.

Search for coilovers here and you'll get tons of info. i know you said you searched but I'd check again on the reviews and just get something tried & proven vs. gamble on ebay. Unless of course you can find on ebay what has been proven to work then go for it. It's just that you'll have fewer surprises if you go with something people have already discussed and listed pros & cons and having fewer surprises at install is a good thing.

If your'e in Alcoa, aren't there one or more small shops along Broadway on the side of Maryville towards Knoxville that always have airbagged trucks in front of them? Not sure what the shops do or how good they are but I'd bet a place like that, given that they seem to create trucks practically sitting on the ground, have done a lot of fender rolling. I live 1,000 miles away from there but have family there and am somewhat familiar with the area if you are wondering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts