Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone actually hitting 18 psi? The highest I have herd anyone getting up to is 15. Then the belt gets loose and back down you go.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The belt tensioner isn't available yet but will be shortly. I have a prototype of the tensioner system and it works well except that is is rough on the belts themselves from the friction. This will be corrected in the final design. Every car is different as we all have different internals mods that affect the boost like how the heads flow etc. My car tops out at 16 PSI on the guage however.

·
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
npeifer said:
The belt tensioner isn't available yet but will be shortly. I have a prototype of the tensioner system and it works well except that is is rough on the belts themselves from the friction. This will be corrected in the final design. Every car is different as we all have different internals mods that affect the boost like how the heads flow etc. My car tops out at 16 PSI on the guage however.
What havent you done to your car? Why only 16? Can you not get the air out or in? I want to know what to do while my engine is out.

·
Registered
970 Posts
michaelma said:
What havent you done to your car? Why only 16? Can you not get the air out or in? I want to know what to do while my engine is out.
There is nothing I haven't done to the car that can be done. Including larger custom valves, large porting etc. Those things may have something to do with the airflow itself ??

·
Registered
970 Posts
michaelma said:
So how can RIPP say 18 psi?
Some of the cars will do 18 PSI, as I said it depends on the vehicle. The boost level is strange and there is no formula to be exact.

One thing is for sure: In my car at full boost whether 16 or 18PSI you are way more concerned with holding on to the seat and not shitting your pants than what PSI you are at !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts