Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hoping some of the awesome gear heads in here can give me some ideas. I have a 1990 D150 with a 318 V8 that's giving me a problem. It has a misfire on Cylinder #7. I have changed coil, dis cap, rotor button, crank position sensor (plate under rotor button), wires, plugs. side note that all this stuff was changed about 6 months ago before I bought the truck. Fires up fine but you can hear a misfire. So I use a plug tester (the one that plugs into the plug wire then onto the spark plug that has the light), go from cylinder to cylinder. All cylinders show to be firing good with the exception of #7. The light on the tester is very weak, will go out for a few seconds then comes back very weak. Swap plug wires, same thing. Used tester between dis cap and plug wire, same thing. All the old parts looked ok, checked the dis cap, its on tight, rotor button doesn't seem to have any issues. I don't have any clue what to try from here. Everything from the coil to plugs is new. Battery is good. My only thoughts at this point is that it is something wrong with the bottom part of the distributor.

If the distributor was out of time could that cause only 1 cylinder to fire really weak? I would think if this was the case it would cause an issue across all cylinders.

thank you for any advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts