Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Zed oh six
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up about 2 weeks ago. I missed riding a lot and with the nice weather coming in, it seemed like a fitting time to get back into it. I completed the Basic Riders school at Harley-Davidson this week. After taking that class I feel like a much better rider. They should make every motorcyclist take it.

But, it has still been almost 2 years since I've been on a sportbike. This being a liter bike too, I am still a little n00bish. It will take me a little while to get back into the full swing of things.

It's a '98 R1. So far I have discovered it has, aside from gold anodized parts and other cosmetic stuff:

Full Yoshimura exhaust
Brembo Brakes
Inverted front forks
K&N Filter

The guy I got it from also said it has a '01 R1 motor in it, but I cant verify that. Its pretty goddamn fast though. I got on full blast for the first time last night and it screams.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
nice looking bike bud

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
put it in second gear, get it to about 7000 rpms and grab a handful. the front end comes up nice and smooth right around there. :D

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
put it in second gear, get it to about 7000 rpms and grab a handful. the front end comes up nice and smooth right around there. :D
i did that on a 636 lets say my pants were full afterwards... mike nice first bike to get back on the groove, just be careful and wear a helmet.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
I saw that, there's an R6 turbo too. Looks ridiculous, can't be much of a fun ride. I heard that these little motors spool the dsm turbo's up at like 2k rpm. That's 16k rpm's of powerband :lol:

·
Always Learning!!!
57 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Just had to complement you on your bike. I just finally decided to get off my ass and get another one. I just got my 2007 R1 about 4 days ago. They have added quite a bit of technology since I last rode.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts