Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1: Did anyone else have a sticker saying "CAUTION: HID bulb not allowed" on the back of the SONARS? I know it's not a problem, as many people have the exact same setup, just wondering.

and 2: Why is it, that all the clear third brake lights I find on ebay, have words and numbers on the outside lense? Does it show? Do all clear thirds have it?

:dunno:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess the real question I was wondering about the SONARS is: Why would they say it's not allowed? seams like for some saftey reason?

But here's an example: and it seems they all have the same.

"SONAR SK3370-ECPS 99

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
The answer to your first question is yes. All of the sonars come with that sticker. The sticker is put on i guess because, it is illegal to have hid's in some states and the sticker is put on to make sure the company is covered if someone does install a hid kit and something goes wrong.
The answer to your second question is all the third brake lights have the words and numbers, just like the rest of your lights. The words and numbers don't show unless you get really close to them.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
The answer to your first question is yes. All of the sonars come with that sticker. The sticker is put on i guess because, it is illegal to have hid's in some states and the sticker is put on to make sure the company is covered if someone does install a hid kit and something goes wrong.
The answer to your second question is all the third brake lights have the words and numbers, just like the rest of your lights. The words and numbers don't show unless you get really close to them.
Correct, the HID decal is a disclaimer. Technically, unless a car came equiped with HID's from the manufacturer, they are illegal in most states. Without that sticker, you could hold the company liable for any citation you receive. Same reason I state in my terms/conditions that all products sold by Sport Compact Customs are intended for off road use only. (Any aftermarket modification has that written on it if you look)

As far as the 3rd brake lights, thats standard and you will never see it. If you purchase a pre-fabbed 3rd brake light tinted (or with the black housing from me that I offer, that writing is even less visible as its sanded down and smoothed out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, Never thought of that. :bigthumb:

Good to know thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts