Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tony
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked relatively the same question in my ride thread but I need more of a solid answer. There are two types of wheels I'm looking to get. The first is the xxr 527 18x8.75 with either a +20 offset or a + 35 offset. The other set of wheels is xxr 522 18x8.5 with either a +30 or +48 offset. I would just really like a straight forward answer as to which set and offset would fit best on the 3g without having to roll the fenders and without ridding on spacers. At the same time I order these wheels I'm also ordering xyb agx shocks with tein s tech springs so it would have to fit with those. The set if tires that will be going on them are 235/40/18 being that I have a set almost brand new sitting at home. again I could really use the help I've searched this site for at least 10hrs over the past few nights and all I've found were contradicting answers.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Do you know the offset and width of your current wheels? (If they are stock, the sticky thread in this section says they are +46mm and 6.5" wide.) If you are interested in DIY'ing this, you can check how things fit vs. the suspension and fender lips, from each side of the current wheels, and then do the math to figure out if you can or want to change any of it. See where you are at now, factor in the additional wheel width, factor in the offset change, do the mm / inch conversions, and you may be able to calculate this out.

Or someone w/ these wheels may know and you don't have to mess with it. Off the top - 35 sounds right to me, the stock wheels could stand a little moving out for appearance sake, and this would still allow additional wheel width outwards and create plenty of room for it inwards. Don't take that as a "I know this will work" though.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I currently have Motegi MR125's on (18x8, +35mm offset), and there is more than enough room on both the inside and outside. The lip of the wheel and the tire both sit flush with the car (1 1/2 finger spacing on coilovers), and the spokes protrude a little. To me, this looks amazing, and it functions without flaw.

If you don't have BBK's, then you shouldn't need spacers for the wheel widths that you have listed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The first is the xxr 527 18x8.75 with either a +20 offset or a + 35 offset. The other set of wheels is xxr 522 18x8.5 with either a +30 or +48 offset. I would just really like a straight forward answer as to which set and offset would fit best on the 3g without having to roll the fenders and without ridding on spacers.
18x8.75???

i'm going to assume that's 18x7.5.

if you don't want to run spacers or roll fenders, your only option is 18x7.5 +35.

·
Tony
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No its exactly what I put on there 18x8.75. That is actually what it is, and your saying it won't work? So if I rolled my fenders I could run with that wheel and tire set up is that what your trying to say? I guess what i'm trying to say is i'm looking for a bronze wheel that will fit on my car with a kyb agx tein s tech drop and that will fit on 235/40/18 tire any help with this would be very much appreciated I've been going nuts trying to figure this out

·
Tony
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
18x8.75???

i'm going to assume that's 18x7.5.

is you don't want to run spacers or roll fenders, your only option is 18x7.5 +35.
Or what would I have to do in order to run the 18x8.75 xxr 527 wheels with the 235/40/18? Like in terms to rolling fenders, spacers, which size spacers, both front and back? Roll all 4 fenders? I really don't know I'm new to the whole wheel sizing thing
Ok so I found some xxr 530 in gold/bronze the dimensions are 18x7.5 with +38 offset and will be mounted on the same tires (235/40/18) now my understanding is that this will work with no rubbing right?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Or what would I have to do in order to run the 18x8.75 xxr 527 wheels with the 235/40/18? Like in terms to rolling fenders, spacers, which size spacers, both front and back? Roll all 4 fenders? I really don't know I'm new to the whole wheel sizing thing
8.75 +20 - pull and roll the front fenders. roll the rears.
8.75 +35 - roll front and rear fenders

8.5 +30 - roll front and rear fenders
8.5 +48 - 10mm spacer in the rear. no need to roll fenders.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ok so I found some xxr 530 in gold/bronze the dimensions are 18x7.5 with +38 offset and will be mounted on the same tires (235/40/18) now my understanding is that this will work with no rubbing right?
you shouldn't have any issues with this setup. no fender rolling or spacers needed.

·
Tony
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok so based on what you said here i'm going to get gold xxr 522 wheels 18x8.5 with a +48 offset with 10mm spacers for the rear wheels. They will indeed fit on a tein s tech drop wrapped in 235/40/18 tires with no need to roll and or pull any of the fenders? Sorry i'm being persistent I just want to know for an absolute fact they will work, and thank you again for taking the time out to help me with this. It's my first big purchase for this car.

also would this setup cause it to stick out past the fenders?

·
Registered
844 Posts
it won't stick out. this is 17x8.5 +46 255/40/17 in the front...

your setup with 2mm less offset and slightly stretched 235/40 will sit just inside the fender when it's lowered.

it will sit inside the fender in the rear even with the 10mm spacer.

·
Tony
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so based on what you said here i'm going to get gold xxr 522 wheels 18x8.5 with a +48 offset with 10mm spacers for the rear wheels. They will indeed fit on a tein s tech drop wrapped in 235/40/18 tires with no need to roll and or pull any of the fenders? Sorry i'm being persistent I just want to know for an absolute fact they will work, and thank you again for taking the time out to help me with this. It's my first big purchase for this car.

also would this setup cause it to stick out past the fenders?
Say I went with this set up but instead of 235/40/18 would 225/40/18 tires be a better fit?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Detailing Pro
1,664 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried about having to roll and/or pull your fenders man. I just had mine rolled to accommodate my 19x9.5 ET 22 wheels. It's all worth it in the end. Find a reputable body shop or person that you trust to do it, spend the cash, and tada! Yes it'll cost more, but it'll also look so much better and you'll be happy that you didn't settle on something less :)

I know I've got some rebuilding to be done on the front fenders but that's because I don't want to add camber (I think it looks retarded) and I didn't want to pull the fenders. Just get a set of wheels that really scream at you "GOTTA HAVE 'EM!" and make them fit :)

·
Tony
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wouldn't be too worried about having to roll and/or pull your fenders man. I just had mine rolled to accommodate my 19x9.5 ET 22 wheels. It's all worth it in the end. Find a reputable body shop or person that you trust to do it, spend the cash, and tada! Yes it'll cost more, but it'll also look so much better and you'll be happy that you didn't settle on something less :)

I know I've got some rebuilding to be done on the front fenders but that's because I don't want to add camber (I think it looks retarded) and I didn't want to pull the fenders. Just get a set of wheels that really scream at you "GOTTA HAVE 'EM!" and make them fit :)
That does look man I really like the set up youve got. BTW is that cf wrap on the hood or real cf?

·
Tony
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I ended up picking up a set of Vsr victory wheels for about $150 there real nice looking i'm just hoping they'll fit with no issues. The dims are 18x8 +35 and i'm going to buy 225/40/18 to wrap them in. would there be an issue with rubbing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts