Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm getting up there myself, nearly at the 180K mark. Do I want to know how you managed to snap such a good picture while going 70? :lol:

Congrats though! What are the most major problems that have come up lately in terms of maintenance?

·
V8 > 3G
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm getting up there myself, nearly at the 180K mark. Do I want to know how you managed to snap such a good picture while going 70? :lol:

Congrats though! What are the most major problems that have come up lately in terms of maintenance?
:lol: It was pretty intense trying to get a clear picture. Probably took 15 shots before one came out clear.

As far a maintenance goes, my clutch lasted till 160K with an insane amount of abuse. Somebody forgot to change out the timing belt so the pistons ate the valves somewhere around 183K miles and I tossed a $600 motor to fix that. Besides that it's just normal wear and tear shit. Just put new brakes on it for the first time since I bought it in 2004. Still rolling on factory shocks. I'm averaging 27.5 mpg so I'm gonna continue to drive it till it no longer will pass inspection. I'd honestly put this car up against any other in terms of reliability.

·
Registered
954 Posts
:lol: It was pretty intense trying to get a clear picture. Probably took 15 shots before one came out clear.

As far a maintenance goes, my clutch lasted till 160K with an insane amount of abuse. Somebody forgot to change out the timing belt so the pistons ate the valves somewhere around 183K miles and I tossed a $600 motor to fix that. Besides that it's just normal wear and tear shit. Just put new brakes on it for the first time since I bought it in 2004. Still rolling on factory shocks. I'm averaging 27.5 mpg so I'm gonna continue to drive it till it no longer will pass inspection. I'd honestly put this car up against any other in terms of reliability.
Wow, well minus the valves going up in smoke thats not bad at all. I honestly have to agree with the reliability. I've had very few issues at all. Though I did go through two water pumps between 130k and 165k, which I thought was a bit odd. Other than that the V6 seems very solid, I easily return around 25-30mpg depending on the type of driving. Here's to hoping it stays that way to at least the 200k mark :yesway:.

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts
After owing this for just about 10 years I'm at 81k. Maybe in 10 more years I might hit 200k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wish I could make it to 200k in my 01 spyder gt, but my tranny just went out and I'm at 167K :(

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

1 - 20 of 35 Posts