Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
You wouldn't make 5000 on a built block if you're using Ripp electronics.

Regardless, that's probably the cleanest 200k I've ever seen.

·
2000 EclipseGT owner
29 Posts
Currently have a 2000 GT A/T with 202,000 miles. Hoping it makes it to at least 250k before it gives out. Props to the man with the 300k Eclipse great job dude.

·
FROM MEXICO
156 Posts
I have now 193400 miles on my 3G and i need to know which oil are you using in your car's, because i have a problem with that.
In two week I changed the motor oil in two twice.

first when i bought my car i use 10W30 semisynthetic, worked fine on 4 months,
then started to lowering the temperature and had a noise in my motor, i think on the valves cover, so one person told me i had to change the motor oil now for 20W50.

then i did it and not work the noise stay there so add Lucas oil additive and the noise also.

then i read in the owners manual that the oil has to be 5W30 or 10W30, so i bought synthetic 5W30 oil, the thursday my car works well and today the noise is there again. i bought the lucas oil additive synthetic and I added also

tomorrow i hope that noise disappears but if dont do it ...

I need to know what you think or what would you do or advice please

please help !!!!

·
Fossilized Member
1,204 Posts
Thread resurrection!!

Ran across this thread in a google search. I guess I should post for a change. Just hit the mark this morning.

Still on the original engine and transmission. 3rd timing belt and second radiator. Other than that, very little has been done to the car except for routine maintenance and tires. Front brake pads lasted 95K miles and rear pads lasted 135K miles. Haven't had to change them again yet. I keep it waxed and maintained and we're still going strong.

B.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first eclipse had the odometer rolled back at 200k to 145k and I had it till it got to 170k and she was still running strong!

·
Registered
23 Posts
210K when I bought it. For that many miles it really surprised me how much power the motor still had. I bought the car as a "I need something to drive NOW" vehicle following my 4Runner being totalled, expected it to be a cheap throwaway car but it's definitely grown on me. Still need a van or SUV for work, but I've decided to keep this as my daily driver.
2000 Eclipse GT V6 5spd, sunroof, silver w/black interior (but tan headliner, wtf is up with that?), needs some tlc.

·
Registered
127 Posts
210K when I bought it. For that many miles it really surprised me how much power the motor still had. I bought the car as a "I need something to drive NOW" vehicle following my 4Runner being totalled, expected it to be a cheap throwaway car but it's definitely grown on me. Still need a van or SUV for work, but I've decided to keep this as my daily driver.
2000 Eclipse GT V6 5spd, sunroof, silver w/black interior (but tan headliner, wtf is up with that?), needs some tlc.
To my knowledge, all 3Gs have the beige headliner no matter what color interior. I said the same thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 3g 4cyl (not sure what package) I found in the junkyard is silver, black interior, grey headliner. I checked to see if they had had it reupholstered, but even the mirror trim on the visors is grey. I'm tempted to get the visors in case I ever want to change mine.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts