Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’ve made a few posts before but now I plan to focus on my engine. I currently own a 2000 EclipseGT V6 3.0l. Since buying it I have cleaned the throttle body , MAF sensor, IAC valve , replaced the valve cover gasket for the front valve cover and changed all the sparks. IM looking for suggestions to make this engine peak for me in reliability and performance. ANY suggestions on what to do next to make this engine run to its best ability? Please and thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice to see people taking care of the mechanical side, not just all the bling. Plug wires are a wear item and I usually change them when I change the spark plugs.

I also like a clean and dry engine, so I would look for all the miscellaneous oil leaks and replace any leaking seals or gaskets.

Fluid changes are something else you might consider. Brake fluid, power steering, clutch, transmission fluid or oil.

While you're doing all of these preventative maintenance tasks, it's a good time to look carefully at your engine mounts. You can also inspect your suspension and steering parts for ripped dust boots, excessive play, leaking struts, Etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to see people taking care of the mechanical side, not just all the bling. Plug wires are a wear item and I usually change them when I change the spark plugs.

I also like a clean and dry engine, so I would look for all the miscellaneous oil leaks and replace any leaking seals or gaskets.

Fluid changes are something else you might consider. Brake fluid, power steering, clutch, transmission fluid or oil.

While you're doing all of these preventative maintenance tasks, it's a good time to look carefully at your engine mounts. You can also inspect your suspension and steering parts for ripped dust boots, excessive play, leaking struts, Etc.
Thanks for the advice I’ll be looking into these things you’ve suggested. I’ve just changed the oil/oil filter last night so I guess that is also off the list :) much appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts