Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 eclipse gs 5 speed manual2.4L 4cyl. I was told I need a new ecu or a new tps sensor.

I have replaced the maf sensor the MDP sensor the iac, and put new plugs and wires on it.

Only mods are aem cold air intake.

My car fires up but stalls asap if I do not keep it running by giving it gas. I check all hoses and leak tested. No air leaks. My battery touched my hood a sparked and I had to take off negative cable and put it back on. So now its starting but stalling asap. If I keep it running I can drive but stop signs and red lights it stalls. So if its my tps great easy fix. But if its my ecu I am told I need a new ecu and immobilizer that match along with the key. So a local junk yard has the ecu and immobilizer from a 2000 gs but no key. Anyway to get that to work if that is indeed my problem.

If n e one else knows the problem please let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What fuse would blow to cause the car to start and not idle??? But when maf is unplugged car will idle but idle very poorly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And had the car scanned and told me manifold differential pressure sensor (MDP) needed replaced. I replaced that sensor and fixed nothing. Stalls as soon as I start the car. Unless I rev it up.

·
Paroxysm
243 Posts
You mention you were told new tps or ecu but do not say you replaced them, Have you?

Did the problem only start after the short on the hood?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't remember. I wanna say it was doing it before. My son said before the short it was doing it as well. And I replaced the tps and still same thing. Would my car start and drive if the ecu was bad?? Ecu is so expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts