Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**UPDATE** 07/2011

I will try to restore the pictures that are missing, the project took a back seat for quite some time, but turned out amazing in my opinion. Here is a short video of some pictures and video clips I have, more to come as everything gets wrapped up.

Well I held off making this thread for a while but we are nearing completion and figured I would add one more EVO VIII head swap thread.

The car with the SOHC + 16g, etc.. at the DSM Shoot Out 2005

Unfortunately, no other pictures or videos, but the car trapped 116mph on 20psi - I ran 23-24psi after this but never made it back to the track. As for 1/4 mile times, nothing to write home about. The car made 260whp @ 10psi, this is the only dyno results I have for the car, I am assuming the car made over 300hp, as I had no problem taking out some decent cars while she was running.

After 5 years of being boosted on the stock motor:

Time to move on:

This can't be good:

Gone:

Had a new motor the next day, tore it down to the block in anticipation of building the car the way I wanted it now that the stock motor gave up.

Some of the new parts:
9.0:1 Wiseco Pistons

TiaL 44mm gate

PTE SC6152E

AEM EMS 30-1313

EVO VIII head
Ferrea 6000 series internals
GSC S2 cams

Will post some pictures of that tonight or tomorrow

Short block being assembled and after a coat of paint:

Head + intake manifold:
Obligatory middle finger

Getting ready to drop motor in for the first time, we need to measure for the header that we will make so I can keep my AC:

She's in:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I will have complete information on everything once the build is complete.

The motor was removed from the car after test fitting everything, as I had to get the transmission to TRE due to a slight mistake when my LSD was installed (missing speedo gear).

Obviously there will be some traction issues, however we are reducing weight in all the right places and moving weight in all the right places.

As for the track, we are building wheelie bars that will attach behind the license plate fairly easily. The car has fully adjustable suspension and will be running a full slick to see if we can break some axles.

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
Fokin' awesome, man! Nice work.

Oh, and A/C is for weenies. :fawk: I've done without it for about 5 months or so now.
Just find a belt that'll run your pwr steering pump... then tell me what it is. ;) (still strong-arming it myself)

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
Fokin' awesome, man! Nice work.

Oh, and A/C is for weenies. :fawk: I've done without it for about 5 months or so now.
Just find a belt that'll run your pwr steering pump... then tell me what it is. ;) (still strong-arming it myself)
Just loop your power steering rack and remove the pump. It makes it almost as easy to drive as with power steering at low speeds. Unless you're a wimp to begin with. :fawk:

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
Looks awesome so far man! You're using the same turbo I have; with all the money you've put elsewhere, I'm surprised you didn't get something ball bearing :p I can't wait to see some numbers from your new setup!

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
nice setup dude, what was your ET @ 116mph and 60foots

what exhaust manifold are you going to be using?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ran into a slight snag, I don't remember anyone mentioning this during their swaps, but the water pump appears to be missing a mounting hole that the timing cover has - not a big deal, but I am not sure what I am missing here:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It also seems we have to modify that black plate with the white scratches on it, can anyone who's done the swap comment on this? Thanks.

·
SLUTTY IGUANA
2,202 Posts
Sweet man!!!

good to see... hopefully I can make a thread similar soon!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, I guess I am an idiot and Mitsu left that open pretty much, looks like the PS pump and the AC unit just covers it up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
OK, I guess I am an idiot and Mitsu left that open pretty much, looks like the PS pump and the AC unit just covers it up.
actually the tensioner for the ac/power steering goes there, here's a picture of the what's supposed to go there

Picture

the build is lookin good, what did you use to tune your last setup at 20psi? I would love to run 18 if I cann ge tit tuned right

1 - 20 of 123 Posts