Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im leaving in about 4 Days to go to FT. Lewis about 2400 miles and my car is starting to act up. It's a 2000 GT SPORTY with 136000 on it. When im in first gear and I Floor it its like it hiccups a few times wile going throughout the entire RPM range but only in first gear. It also does it while crusing in 4th Gear going up a hill at about 40mph. Im ordering Plugs, Wires, Distributor Cap, Timing Belt, Serpentine Belt. Anyone got any suggestions?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Im ordering Plugs, Wires, Distributor Cap
:yesway: That is where I would start. Almost sounds like possible random misfires to me. Is your SES lit up? If so, what are the codes?

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Check your MAF, clean the connectors. Do you have a rough idle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I have a WAI and I've never changed the tranny fluid but I did just ad this LUCAS Syenthetic Transmisson fix stuff a couple weeks ago. Not throwing any codes and yes very rough idle but I believe that to be my Engine Mounts. The only thing that says its not the engine is that there are no ses lights like a misfire would show and it only does it in 1st gear when i nail it or crusing at 40 in 4th up a hill. I'm gonna go check some things out with the local mechanic and see what he suggest. I will get back to ya'll and thank you for the suggestions!

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Id suggest you change your engine mounts and just clean the contacts on the MAF plug. If your mounts are really that bad it could cause problems in the future.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
When I first purchased my 3G, this was the same problem that I had. I have a 5-speed, and if I would step on it, the car would sputter. As soon as I changed to spark plugs and wires, the sputtering went away. I suggest starting there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts