Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Just bought my 2000 Eclipse GT just over a month ago, has been driving perfectly fine for the last month.

Just today I started her up (in 94 degree heat if that matters) and the engine revved up to 900rpm before falling to nearly 600 and staying there. Normally it'll sit at about 1100, maybe as low as 900 when warm.

I didn't think that this was a problem until I came up on the stop sign in my neighborhood, put the clutch in, and nearly stalled with the clutch to the floor. maybe 100rpm and a LOT of shaking inside the car.

Starting back from 0 was another task, as letting even a little off the clutch without giving it gas (what I am able to do normally) resulted in the rpms dropping to nearly 0.

Why would this happen all of the sudden? I DID just put a quarter tank of gas in at my local 7/11, but I've always used that station... and that quarter tank was mixed with 3/4 of a tank of gas that I suffered no issues with.

General Info about my car:
Mileage: 96,000
Year: 2000
Model: Eclipse GT
NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OR ANY OTHER LIGHTS

·
Rex
83 Posts
when i got my car it was all fine a dandy for the first two months until one day the engine was bogging and seemed like it was gonna die out of nowhere. i took it for a full tuneup maybe thats what your car needs unless you did that already then idk. but thats what i did and everything worked great after that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done this... didn't help...

I'm thinking about cleaning the MAF and following other threads instructions. I really hope I'm not screwed, spent 4k on the car - have already spent 1.3k fixing AC/other tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts