Alloy fuel door powder coated black

Interior
Megan shifter knob
Short shifter
Shifter bushings
Kenwood sub
Alpine front speakers

And so it begins...
I brought my 3g home on September 7th, 2011 with 108k miles.
My very first car btw!

She was clean and sounded fantastic. Of course I screamed like a girl when I got her home. :eek3:
I decided the name "Luna" would be a good fit.

Since I wasn't sure what to do about upgrading engine parts, I started with some cosmetics.
First on the list: Tail lights

Summer of 2012 I needed new tires badly. I figured I could put some new rims on her cause why not?!
I think these 18' look great.

At one of the last meets of the season in October, I met up with Club3g member Silvertune. Which I'm sure most of you know of. :p

The following month my clutch was starting to go out real bad. I had burnt clutch smell in my garage and it was time for an upgrade.

Since I wanted to learn how to put in a clutch I asked Silvertune if he could help me out since it is a big job. :eek:
I went with a Competition Stage 2 clutch and a lightweight flywheel.

I can't even begin on what it was like seeing my car torn apart for the first time. :sweat:

One unfortunate day this winter my 17 year old brother took my car out for 20min. Took a corner way too fast when the roads were icy and hit a snowbank.
Needless to say I was very upset that night. :(
Luckily it was just the bumper and nothing else. I got myself a replacement bumper for Christmas. It will be painted in the next few weeks and ready to go on. A few zip ties are holding it up until then.

As Winter went on I talked to Silvertune about what my options were for engine mods. After hearing his opinion on what I should do next, I made a decision.
Here's what we did:
XG Intake manifold swap
6G74 throttle body. Ported & polished.

Doing this upgrade made a huge difference on the 3 liter!! I just about screamed when I took it out for a test drive when the job was done.
The throttle response improved quite a bit. The higher RPM's the car was at the faster it engaged when I put my foot down.
It just wanted more and more. The thing snorts. Haha :)

Last month I got these goodies to go in next.
Rear sway bar, front end links, timing belt, power steering belt, bushings, and the AEM Cold Air Intake.

As of right now this is what the engine looks like.

Engine mounts were upgraded earlier this year as well. Prothane ftw.

Here's a random picture from my trip up to Lutsen, MN a few weeks ago.
Decided I had to pull off to the side to get a nice picture. :lol:
You can see my zip ties broke...yuck. :dunno:
I CAN'T WAIT TO DROP MY CAR. :blush2:

In more recent times, as in last week, I got depo turn signals. I threw them on my current front bumper since I didn't feel like waiting until the new one gets painted. She's lookin' purdy dang good. ;)

I scored an alloy fuel door which was powder coated black. Cosmetics are fun!! :)
I love detailing my car.

Next on my list for this spring: Headers and exhaust.

3" Muffler tip cat back off of eBay. My cat sitting in the background approves.

Flowmaster Resonator.

I'm waiting a few more weeks to order headers then it's go time! Silvertune will be helping me out again.
After these are installed I plan on getting my car on the dyno this summer to see how much power my 3 liter is making. :ndance: GO LUNA!

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts
:wavey: HI AMY!!

Car looks good, and its in good hands maintenance wise.

·
Patty Cakes
13,055 Posts
Yeah, no kidding. :lol: I initially thought this was a thread necro, and was about to clean up the bump post.

Anyway, keep up the good work on your car's upkeep, Amy! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went out cruising this weekend with the locals. We're all hyped up for this season. :ndance:
I'm still waiting to get a set of headers for my car. In the mean time she's running like a champ!!

·
MRNMNR/T
490 Posts
Can't wait to hear that exhaust on your car. It is the same as silvertune's right? It should sound great. And was that last picture after we were at Rainbow?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't wait to hear that exhaust on your car. It is the same as silvertune's right? It should sound great. And was that last picture after we were at Rainbow?
I CAN'T WAIT EITHER! :drool:
Yes it is the same exhaust but it won't sound anything like his.
This was the picture I took before we went over to rainbow.

·
MRNMNR/T
490 Posts
I CAN'T WAIT EITHER! :drool:
Yes it is the same exhaust but it won't sound anything like his.
This was the picture I took before we went over to rainbow.
I must be losing my mind, I didn't remember it was dark out, maybe it's because it was too fun. :agreed:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Touched up the bumper inserts with some gloss black. The grille I ordered came in this week as well!

I tried fitting it in last night just to see how it'll look. I'm liking it. :)

·
The Ghost
717 Posts
Nice! I just repainted my fake vents yesterday too! I'm jelly of the grille though.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts