Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently picked up a 2000 Eclipse GT, and am having some issues with it. When I got it, the battery was dead, so I bought a new battery and installed it. The car started up just fine, but I noticed the headlights kept flashing on and off. Also there was this clicking noise coming from the relay switch box on the drivers side of the car. I found the 2 relays that were clicking and removed them and tried switching them with other 12V relays. The next set also did the same thing, and caused the lights to flash, so I know the relays are ok, and rather there is something else going wrong with the car. I had replaced the battery and the car sat for a while. Also when I bought the car, the radio says that it needs a code. I am thinking there is some anti-theft mechanism thats causing this, but I can't figure it out. If anyone can advise me on what to do and how to get the lights to stop flashing that would be great. Also, to get the radio code, do I just go to the dealership? Thanks everyone.

P.S. I almost forgot to intoduce myself! I just joined the board, and I am in Minnesota. I just picked up a White 2000 GT recently, and there are a couple of mods that are done to it.

Lowered (slammed, Tein coilovers, on lowest setting)
Exhaust
AEM intake
Short-shifter
Depo, black headlights
HID 6000K kit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
For the lights, it's probably the pigtail. There are a bunch of threads on here on how to get radio codes and what to do if you don't have a code.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My car does this sometimes too. It usually stops for me after a few minutes. I really need to figure out what it is...well, time to do a search...

·
Registered
223 Posts
The pigtail is the wire harness that the lights plug into. If I remember correctly, there's a thread in the how-to section about replacing the pigtail. Judging from the clicking, there's a short somewhere with your current wire harness, because switching the relay produces the same effect and I'm assuming you're not blowing fuses because the lights still somewhat work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts