Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently own a 2000 GT with 85,000 miles (alot of highway miles). Car is in mint shape running perfectly with no problems. My current mods are listed in my sig.

My question is will I safely be able to run a Stage 2 SDS kit?. My concerns are the motor odviously, axles and the tranny. If I am able to run the stage 2 kit will I be able to push the kit to its full capabilitlys? If not what psi?

The kit I'm looking to purchase is the new 06 kit and the following upgrades: Ripp Headers and a Stage 2 or Stage 3 clutch.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
i would think as long as you have kept up on your maintenance that you should be fine. maybe do a compression check before hand just to make sure things are sealing right.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I understand Ripp Mods doesn't offer the stage 3 kits anymore. I've been reading up on the supercharger for some time now. I'm just wondering how my car is going to take it. Don't want to dump 5-10 grand in my car and the car not be able to handle the power.

OPINIONS WANTED! I know there are some experts out there....Your imput would be greatly appercaited.

2,562 Posts
i ran stage 2 10 psi all last year with no problems and even when i built the motr stock block look fine so as long as it is all installed right and the black box work well u should have any problems

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Doc Nitrous said:
hey i heard somwere ?!?!" our engine cant stand boost, one year is long for an engine who cabt handle it...
The GTS can't handle boost for shit. I think in the end its something different with the ECU ontop of the higher compression.

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
Doc Nitrous said:
hey i heard somwere ?!?!" our engine cant stand boost, one year is long for an engine who cabt handle it...
it is not uncommon to see a stock gt handle boost for extended periods of time. the gts on the other hand doesnt' last

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Doc Nitrous said:
again this unfounded argument...

the pistons dont suck, the car just need extensive tuning knowledge...
If the pistons werent weak, then under FI they wouldnt break, but under higher amounts of FI they get chips, get heat spots and melt.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Rulez said:
And that was with a safe tune and relatively low boost.
ill get back on this :

i dont consider randy's tune to be a safe one one...

he didnt had enough miles on the road to consider his part throttle ajustmentd done.

so : he was riding a hazardous tune on a gts engine with a variable air intake and fancy electronics...

a bit different

·
Registered
186 Posts
our piston are like most other OEM pistons... they have nothing specials...cheap factory one, but made to last, so if treated rigth, would last even under low boost... were not speaking high boost applications here...

because high boost on any factory NA engine is hazardous...

for sure forged pistons ARE stronger and ..bla bla bla...

but our pistons are piston, they last and they break like most others...

1 - 20 of 85 Posts