Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new member loved eclipses ever since i can remember
I previously owned a 98 eclipse gs but with the mileage reaching 170 and it being an automatic:lol: i decided to upgrade:sweat:. To my surprise finding a 2nd gen manual eclipse in indianapolis is like finding a needle in a haysack so i after months of searching i found my 2000 eclipse rs with only 50 thousand miles n a manual transmission wat else could i want

this was my 98 gs
sorry about the phone pics
2000 eclipse rs im just gettin back on my feet so mods will start soon first thing will be lowerin it any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
Lowering it: KYB AGX Shocks, Tein S-Techs or eibach Sportlines, and a rear camber kit.

Car looks good; keep it clean, good luck and happy modding. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Yup, lower it, and what color is it? Looks black but the hood looks a little off from the rest of the paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
color is black but its probaly the crappy instinct phone resolution i will post more pics with a better camera and a wash

605 Posts
Keep it waxed well and in the shade if possible. Black on these cars is known for being extremely shitty in the quality department. Looks good :yesway:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Camera Pics 2000 rs

stock engine

trying to keep it clean

im trying to do a blacked out theme any suggestions

·
Boo, Acquisitions...
890 Posts
If you're going for blackout, buy some VHT Nightshade and tint your rear corners. Buy smoked or clear fronts and tint those also. Same goes for the third brake light. I don't think the stock red tails would look good tinted. You can paint the gas cap black also. Look into some black sonars or depos, and that'll be a good start towards your blackout theme.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
If you're going for blackout, buy some VHT Nightshade and tint your rear corners. Buy smoked or clear fronts and tint those also. Same goes for the third brake light. I don't think the stock red tails would look good tinted. You can paint the gas cap black also. Look into some black sonars or depos, and that'll be a good start towards your blackout theme.
someone here (over in the show and shine section) nightshaded everything but the circles on the all red tails, and it looked pretty sweet. you should go check it out. and a simple thing to get a more blacked out look to add to the lights, would be a smoked cover and frame for the license plate. soemtimes it is th little things that help.

·
new project = s13?
3,042 Posts
very nice front end and the reverse, 3rd, and corner lights looks so much better and if you dont want to see the orange in the corners just switch the bulbs out with the stock clear ones in the amber corners, im pretty sure its not legal but ive had mine in for a while not and havent been pulled for them at all

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
very nice front end and the reverse, 3rd, and corner lights looks so much better and if you dont want to see the orange in the corners just switch the bulbs out with the stock clear ones in the amber corners, im pretty sure its not legal but ive had mine in for a while not and havent been pulled for them at all
as much tint as he has on those corners, he is already pushing legality.. best not to push it any further. looks good though, the tails look pretty cleanly done.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
I like the look of a full black 3g personally. I say go all the way with black, unless it causes legal problems.

Looks real good, can't wait to post pics of my murdered out 3g when I finish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts