Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 GS Blowing #13 Fuse - Updated

Hi guys, I've searched the forums and not been too successful at tracking this down,,, hope this is the correct place for this.

My Son's 2001 GS Coupe,,,, 55,000 miles,, manual trans,,, always run fantastic,, never needed much,, radiator,,, battery,,, coilpacks,,, etc nothing out of the ordinary for a 15 year old car. Battery is near new.

Driving home last night the engine just cut out on him. No codes thrown at the time. Starter sounds fine,,, engine cranks,,, just won't fire.

Had a looky around the fusebox and saw Fuse #13 blown. Replaced it, turned the key,,, as soon as it gets to position 2, I can hear the fuse pop. Again,, try starting the car and it's cranking,,, starter sounds ok,, just won't fire.

Because I can't keep the fuse alive at ignition position 2,,,, I can't scan for codes. The SES light comes on briefly, but disappears when the fuse pops.

This sound familiar to anyone?

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, after blowing about 80 fuses,,,,and much plugging and unplugging of stuff,,, I finally found a short on the thick part of the wiring harness just near the branch that goes off to the Vehicle Speed Sensor. One red wire had been worn thin rubbing against the block.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 GS Blowing #13 Fuse - Updated

Hi guys, I've searched the forums and not been too successful at tracking this down,,, hope this is the correct place for this.

My Son's 2001 GS Coupe,,,, 55,000 miles,, manual trans,,, always run fantastic,, never needed much,, radiator,,, battery,,, coilpacks,,, etc nothing out of the ordinary for a 15 year old car. Battery is near new.

Driving home last night the engine just cut out on him. No codes thrown at the time. Starter sounds fine,,, engine cranks,,, just won't fire.

Had a looky around the fusebox and saw Fuse #13 blown. Replaced it, turned the key,,, as soon as it gets to position 2, I can hear the fuse pop. Again,, try starting the car and it's cranking,,, starter sounds ok,, just won't fire.

Because I can't keep the fuse alive at ignition position 2,,,, I can't scan for codes. The SES light comes on briefly, but disappears when the fuse pops.

This sound familiar to anyone?

Cheers
Hello! Well this is Sooooooo familiar. To me. I would suggest taking a look. At the wiring harness follow it down from. The fuse box in engine. .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts