Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a manual transmission, I just changed the valve cover gaskets but it's leaking worse than before. Somebody told me it could be the camshaft seal that is causing this leak because from underneath the leak comes from the timing belt part, is that possible?
It's only leaking from the front valve cover, the rear one is completely dry.
What other things could be causing this leak?
thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe that was the spot I had a leak. At least that is what the mechanic at the dealer said. I put some of this stuff in there and I don't see any oil stains around the timing belt cover like I saw before.

ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks. (bought it on amazon).

·
Registered
41 Posts
The cam thrust plate leaks like a bitch when the o-ring dries out. But that's on the other side.. Cam seals usually won't leak hard until like 200k
you seem to know a lot about these oil leaks, mines been leaking ever sense i bought mine, it's got about 110k on it now i replaced the vc gaskets yet i still have to fill my oil up every so often. the only place i can see dripping is right underneath the distributor. now would that be the trust plate o ring, or just the distributor o ring?

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
The thrust plate is on the other head in the same hole as the distributor. The distributor o-ring is pretty simple, remove intake tube, 3 distributor nuts, pick off the old o-ring install new and reassemble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe that was the spot I had a leak. At least that is what the mechanic at the dealer said. I put some of this stuff in there and I don't see any oil stains around the timing belt cover like I saw before.

ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks. (bought it on amazon).
How sure are you guys on using the At-205 reseal on the gt. i was told not to due to it messing with the lifters. that true if not then you guys just saved my wallet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts