Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
756 Posts
I know I am not the average 3g owner. I am way past the "look at me stage" in life. I drive old cars because I see no reason to spend money on new ones. ...J.D.

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
756 Posts
So I actually ran a 3rd cat, resonator, and muffler delete for awhile. It's actually healthier for the engine to have a decent resonator in the system. It's better for back pressure, and you might think it sounds cooler because of the backfires on deceleration. But your piston rings won't.

But it does sound pretty good honestly. Now I'm running a resonator my fabricator friend built from scratch and my 3.0 definitely has more power and sounds way cleaner.
Very few people think about back pressure. If the back pressure is too low in the exhaust system, torque will suffer due to the cylinder pressure being lower. Too MUCH back pressure and the exhaust flow is restricted and peak horsepower is reduced. ...J.D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts