Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain. The engine doesn't run the same it has some grinding noise and a valve is popped. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a used motor for a reasonable price. I heard you can get one for like 400-500 bucks but no luck. Can someone tell me where to find one so it wont cost an arm and a leg. Also, What motor should I get I have a 4 cyl but its pretty banged up, would the 3000gt motor fit in the 3G eclipse?

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
First of all you could find motors on ebay, craigslist, all over the internet. You're probably going to have to pay more than $500. Second, since you have an I4 then you will put another I4 back in your car. From reading your post I don't think you really need to be concerned with doing anything else but the basics.

·
ECLIPTO
2,101 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:^^^^

i am feeling generous....just keep looking a deal is bound to show up...keep checking the forums and ebay. i bought a motor for my v6 on ebay for like 300 and i picked it up locally. good luck!

ps 3000gt motors will not fit! the only cars that i know that are interchangeable engines are the 01+ (??) stratus

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all you could find motors on ebay, craigslist, all over the internet. You're probably going to have to pay more than $500. Second, since you have an I4 then you will put another I4 back in your car. From reading your post I don't think you really need to be concerned with doing anything else but the basics.
Your saying I can't put a v6 in? and around how much will it cost?

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Your saying I can't put a v6 in? and around how much will it cost?
Yeah, you could put a V6 in there but it will cost you a lot. So much that you'd be better off selling that car and buying a GT/GTS.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts

·
ECLIPTO
2,101 Posts
He said he had an I4 in his first post so that is what he should put back in.
lol yes he did...i should read more carefully....and what i meant by my post is that i found a motor for my car (v6)..and that he should look around around for a good deal whether that may be for a I4 or V6.

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain. The engine doesn't run the same it has some grinding noise and a valve is popped. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a used motor for a reasonable price. I heard you can get one for like 400-500 bucks but no luck. Can someone tell me where to find one so it wont cost an arm and a leg. Also, What motor should I get I have a 4 cyl but its pretty banged up, would the 3000gt motor fit in the 3G eclipse?
If it's just bad valves, just get new ones, but if there is internal damage, you will need a new engine.

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
WTF?? :scratch:

Did it just jump right out in front of you? You didn't see it coming? :dunno:
That's what I was wondering. How do you miss that? :lmfao:

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
WTF?? :scratch:

Did it just jump right out in front of you? You didn't see it coming? :dunno:
Wait hold on...

I can give this guy some credit, we have the same problems here in Florida, they're called mvoing mountains. You can just be driving any where at any time....WABAM! A mountain just appears in the middle of the road!

You crazy Canucks don't have any idea. :noplease:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah... them moving mountains.

But this is what happened. The cars tires weren't that great and I hit the breaks a little too hard on a dirty road and the car spun out and hit the mountain at about 50 mph. The side of the hill acted as a jump and the car was air born spinning in the air then landed next to the road on all four tires. It was intense but lucky no one was hurt.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Why should I stick with the I4? Besides the gas mileage.
Better question is "Why do you want to swap to a V6 instead of just starting over and buy a GT/GTS?"

1 - 20 of 54 Posts