Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: I am selling my wife's 2001 pearl white GS Spyder. 126,000 miles. Runs great. Fast car. She bought it new in 2001. We love it, but need to sell it because the real world is coming and a baby's carseat doesn't work in a pimped out convertable.

The pros: It's got a VIS Racing poly-fiber body kit and VIS Racing carbon fiber hood, cold air intake, customer exhaust, Pioneer stereo, Memphis Auto speakers throughout, and 17" gunmetal grey ADR rims. New transmission. Synthetic oil only. Tires have less than 5K miles. Recently replaced all belts and spark plugs.

The cons (just being completely honest!): The air conditioning compressor is out, not that we ever need it. There is a very minor crack in the front bumper. The hood is faded and has some minor heat lines. The top leaks a bit in heavy rain (some jerk cut into it while trying to steal the car; the folks who put on the new top did a crappy job).

The short version: We used to take this car to shows in the Southeast, but after college got busy with careers. I'd like someone to buy it and take care of it. A new paint job would set this thing off.

We're in Rome, Ga., which is half-way between Atlanta and Chattanooga. I am asking $5,000, but will consider other offers. Please note, I am listing the car in a few other places too, so this is going to be first-come, first-serve.

Let me know if you have any questions. My email address is [email protected]

·
Protect this house
6,741 Posts
Can I ask why did you spend all that money on the kit and paint instead of putting it towards lowering and lights?

I also LOVE the antenna! I need to do that just don't know how with the power antenna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips.

I didn't want to go any lower because my wife was the primary driver and she wasn't comfortable with it being lower. It's tricky as it getting in and out of some parking lots.

I had a purple neon kit on it a few years ago, but a semi blew a tire in front of me. It nailed the front end hard and knocked out the grill, which the front light bar was connected to. I just scrapped the lights after that. However, it should be noted it did not damage the body kit. That thing is strong, not one of those cheap flexible kits that bursts the first time you bump a curb. The minor crack in the lower lip came after my sister-in-law hit an animal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.