Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
Are you talking about the re-lease at the trunk or the lever beside the seat..... Mine always gave me trouble because the strut rods where shot and the lever beside the seat was so full of crap it would not operate . I replace the trunk stuts and clean the key lock lever beside the driver seat and all is great now..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a Spyder. The remote release would not pop the trunk either until like Widgmaster I also changed the struts and it now pops open. Basically, the wing makes the trunk super heavy, LOL.
I figured it out my lock for the trunk release was stuck but I got some WD-40 and it just unstuck itself but yeah i do have to agree the trunk is pretty fucking heavy XD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about the re-lease at the trunk or the lever beside the seat..... Mine always gave me trouble because the strut rods where shot and the lever beside the seat was so full of crap it would not operate . I replace the trunk stuts and clean the key lock lever beside the driver seat and all is great now..
Thanks. I figured it out the lock for the trunk lever besides the driver seat was stuck but I just drenched it with WD-40 and it just unstuck itself.

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
Another idea for getting that trunk to lift when you pull the lever is to install a popper ..These are spring loaded and lift the trunk ever so slightly so it remains unlocked until you get back there to open it.. Also works when you open it from the key switch

And if you want to get rid of that ugly hood support rod .... 2000-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hood QuickLIFT

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts

Here is a pic of my Spyder GT with the hood props....Very easy to install and they look very sharp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts