Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this question has probably been asked a million times, i have read and done my research for months and have found some decent info on performance mods for the 3g gt and all the link for the parts are either discontinued or the link is dead etc or the info is outdated, im just wondering now in 2015 if anything has changed to get power out of the car besides the ripp mods supercharger?. ive been looking into long tube rpw headers an aem cold air intake v2 and a simple tune for now to start, anything else i can do after to get as much power out of the engine without slapping on a turbo or supercharger "which i know is the best way to get bigger numbers" thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've beaten this dead horse into pulp. The only way to get decent power out of this platform is to either boost it, or do the 3.8 swap.
i take it the only option for boosting is the ripp supercharger? (if i can find one)

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
tearstone made a turbo kit but its not worth the money.
ripp kit is the only bolt on option and even they there is still lots of customization.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,055 Posts
tearstone made a turbo kit but its not worth the money.

Those kits were actually pretty good. The problem was that the actual supplier/producer of those kits were thieving bastards! Russ made a deal with GCT to sell their 3G turbo kit, they took money he received from the 3G community and produce very few kits. Those kits were actually well conceived for their time.

GCT actually made the draw through piping that I use today for the SDS. And again, while trying to get extra parts from them, they just pocketed my money.

It was a real shame because those kits brought a huge amount of enthusiasm to the platform. After some of the people got burnt, the fallout was bad. And that's the real history of the Tearstone turbo kits.

Donnie, you and whatever became of GCT, can still go fuck yourself!

Now that my rant is over, I think the best viable option for power are the larger displacement engine builds. Primarily because you can get easy access to the parts that you need from any 6g74/5 engines.

The Ripp SDS hasn't been produced for a while so the units are hard to come by. Every once a while you will see a sales run on the boards and eBay, but they are becoming less frequent. And no one truly knows the lifespan of those units. I have an extra just in case mine wears out.

Any turbo kit you want has to fabricate yourself, but it is totally doable. Probably the most expensive route because you really have to build the bottom end up and then add the turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts