Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my speakers,add an amp and sub,i have a head unit.Any suggestions on decent equipment? I don't need the center speaker.I don't want to lose my trunk space totally. Just wondering what works well in these cars.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
You can start here ..... just enter year/make/model and it will show you what will fit your car...

What will work best depends on the head unit you have and if you are trying to retain the factory amp if you have one... You will need the Metra 73-7000 harness to install the radio to the original harness .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can start here ..... just enter year/make/model and it will show you what will fit your car...

What will work best depends on the head unit you have and if you are trying to retain the factory amp if you have one... You will need the Metra 73-7000 harness to install the radio to the original harness .
[/QUi don't have rca outputs so i'll use speaker wires to the amp.How important is it to use components in the front or will a good door speaker suffice? I want an amp to power the 4 speakers and a sub

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
Maybe it would be better to post what you have now and we can work from there ... Did you car original have the Infinity system with tweeters behind the side mirrors and an amp under passenger seat..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it would be better to post what you have now and we can work from there ... Did you car original have the Infinity system with tweeters behind the side mirrors and an amp under passenger seat..
Correct.It sounds like crap i have no intention to use the amp under the pass. seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct.It sounds like crap i have no intention to use the amp under the pass. seat.
at this point I’m wondering if it’s just simple to run new wiring. if there’s room I’ll put the new amp under the passenger seat, run new wires to the speakers. Just wondering if I should get component for the front, pricey. Or will a regular door speaker be fine

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
It`s very hard to help some one when your asking us to guess what you are trying to do .. We don`t know what head unit you have or what amp you will use .. Will the speakers be direct from the head unit or to an amp . What will be your speaker configuration .. center / tweeters left right / front left right / rear left right / sub ...Does the head unit have RCA pre out`s ... Knowing these things will better help us help you ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It`s very hard to help some one when your asking us to guess what you are trying to do .. We don`t know what head unit you have or what amp you will use .. Will the speakers be direct from the head unit or to an amp . What will be your speaker configuration .. center / tweeters left right / front left right / rear left right / sub ...Does the head unit have RCA pre out`s ... Knowing these things will better help us help you ...
I apologize for any confusion.I don't want to use the factory amp as i'm sure it's weak. I want new speakers front and rear,not the center front because i think it's pointless,and a sub that will fit in my trunk, and of course an amp or 2 to power it all.My head unit has no rca outputs so i will use the speaker wires from it to go to the amp.Unsure how to wire the sub-maybe tap into the rear speakers?Then just wire the remote on wire with the others,running wires to the battery with a fuse. I appreciate your time.Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts