Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 GS automatic (sport tiptronic) with 145K miles on it. The battery was disconnected today while installing radio and backup cam.
After, I started car and went to drive and use sport. While the car downshifted, I realized it’s still in second. Wont go into first in sport until complete stop. Added fluids due to low levels but no change.
Now I'm having a hard time in general Drive mode just from letting car sit over night.... HELP! no codes due to removing battery to work on electrical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update #1 -
After taking air box out (for access to top of trans) all connectors are on tight. I took the center console apart to check for damage to bushing and it was perfectly intact.
I have checked fuses as well and cant seem to find any blown or without power. I have come to the conclusion my shift solenoid has failed. I just received a check engine light today so I will get that checked.
I put the car in the ON position but not started and went through the gears. When getting to Drive/1st in sport it would only give me a short buzz sound (a lot quicker than the rest) so I will probably be replacing if not a hard job to do. Any help appreciated on anything relevant to this topic. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update #3 - same issue not exactly sure what it is. I have been looking for similar problems and can not find any!
outside of something internal I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update #3 - same issue not exactly sure what it is. I have been looking for similar problems and can not find any!
outside of something internal I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
code still active - I got the Matco scan tool to show the Mitsubishi code and its code 28 P0705 (ELC-AT/CVT)
but I have changed the Transmission range switch yesterday. Unless the part is defective im not sure what else to check. All fuses good verified that as well....

·
880 Posts
Could be the rest of the circuit that the neutral switch is connected to. Best to check the whole thing. Also look through the factory service manual for the diagnostic procedure for that code. Codes like that don't always mean the thing they name is broken. It could be an other ancillary system that they just didn't feel like making a separate code for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed! I was in garage 4-5hrs yesterday and everyday this week trying to diag. The female plug from harness to Shift Pos switch is possibly damaged or has a short. Tonight I plan on taking connectors out one at a time on trans and reconnecting. I have been looking into service manuals in PDF online. Unfortunately, mine did not come with one. I do have a current Mit/Kia certified tech I am in contact with to give me what the book says to do instead of having to drive in and pay shop to figure out. If I cannot get fixed I will take to shop already purchased second vehicle so I'm not driving the Mitsubishi until repaired. Mitsubishi books say possible Short / damaged connector / Switch failed / or ECU miscommunication. Hoping not the ECU

·
880 Posts
We have the full pdfs stickied in the general 3g forum. Might be easier to look through that for now if you don't already have access to one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts