Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, new here, coming from western ma, looking for a first car, and I found a 03 eclipse with the 2.4, stick shift, that I am interested in buying. has 116k and no rust. runs pretty well, but it needs a clutch and a blower motor and probably a timing belt as idk when it was last done. The current owner isn't a mechanic, and it seems like he might not have been easy on the car... but I could get it for $750. I am a fairly confident mechanic, and i could get acess to a small shop to work on it.. is it worth it? my total budget for the car has to be under 1800 bucks. also has pipe on it and a speaker system.... great for driving people nuts! kinda wish it was stock tho...

thanks in advance for the help,
best,
Isaac

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I bought it, need to do the cluth and timing belt, and any other maintenance like oil change and plugs... anything else I should do to it? Just wanna go over it well knowing it was kinda abused by the other guy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like my 05 mitsubishi eclipse 2.4l stick shift. The only issue is that it feels crowded on the inside. If you can get over that then it's a good car.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
297 Posts
I am 5 foot four inches tall and find the car to be very comfortable ... but my friend is six foot two and he has to put the seat all the way down ...as far back as it will go and then tilt the seat to get his head from touching the roof ...I wish I had got a video of him trying to get out of the car. He had to crawl out onto the ground and then stand up..
My advise to you as a new DSM owner is to make sure the person working on the car knows what there doing.. Don`t let some back yard mechanic touch your car. There are many garage shop that will let you in the door but do they know the Mitsubishi platform ...You may have to pay more to go to that special shop but believe me it will be well worth it in the end. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts