Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the tranny swap and wired up the reverse and vss on the tranny also put wire 80 to wire 104 on the ecu I have a clear rpm but no speedometer any clues why or what I need to do to have it working any help would be great iv been looking for info on it

·
Registered
249 Posts
broken speedo cable?
If you can't get the speedo working, there is a device that you can buy ($25) that plugs into the OBDII port and shows your mph on a small screen that can be mounted on dash.
It also has other functions like code reader, which makes it very useful.
I bought it cuz its hard for me to see my speedo due to the seat and steering wheel tilt position that I prefer.
This device seems to overestimate the mph by about +3, however, when compared with the speedo and gps, but there seems to be a way to adjust it, as per the instructions which are not particularly clear due to translation.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
Mr @Itsubchi .. obviously, you are not using the search bar at the top of the page. May I ask that you try to use this more often

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used that plenty iv read through every one of the auto to mt threads the advise this post offers I followed quite close cut pin 80 at ecu move to pin 104 wire up the vss on the trans to existing output speed sensor wiring and speedometer should work but instead I just have a rpm

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
The reason I posted that link is because your original post said you are looking for this information. There is no mention of what steps you have taken, so I am unaware of what you are reading.
Maybe you could message @LogiOneCanobi. Any info or help he could give you would be straight from the horse's mouth? To do this…click on the link I posted... hover your mouse over his avatar... Click Start Conversation
P.S. I bet this has caused you some sleepless night... Stick with it… You're bound to figure it out eventually.... Best of luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts