Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
Are you SURE that your're sure that you have the correct distributor (reluctor)? I ask only because I have only just recently replaced my own distributor with a new one from a reputable supplier. The part number was matched to the the vehicle on the box as well as physically on the part, however the sensor wheel inside was the wrong one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bad crank sensor???

01 Eclipse GT v6 when I turn key on no fuel pump and none of the lights on dash come on and it doesn't even crank over like the keys isn't even on... It had been making loud popping like back fire and shutting down in middle of road... Will a bad crank sensor cause it not to turn over at all???

·
Registered
11 Posts
This problem has been happening for my gf's v6 as well. Nobody has found a fix for it so I am honestly thinking about just doing a 2.4L swap at least I know how to boost that engine.

Has anybody found a fix though?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm really surprised you're getting these problems, usually these sensors last a long time. The only thing I can think of is the crank sensor wire getting frayed by the belt? And the cam sensor is in the distributor like you assumed, the other cam just has a cap.
I just bought one and it's a 03 at cranks but won't start it's getting spark but it won't start on starting fluid and I have no codes

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rule out one thing at a time. First, you have established it has fire, next is fuel. A fuel pressure gauge set and check per Tearstone manual. You can check at the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail. Let us know what pressure you get. Have you checked the timing belt?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rule out one thing at a time. First, you have established it has fire, next is fuel. A fuel pressure gauge set and check per Tearstone manual. You can check at the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail. Let us know what pressure you get. Have you checked the timing belt?
Just cause it cranks doesn't mean it has spark. If it doesn't fire with starting fluid then that's usually an indication it's not a fuel issue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just cause it cranks doesn't mean it has spark. If it doesn't fire with starting fluid then that's usually an indication it's not a fuel issue.
I was just going off his post implying it has spark. If you don't think it has spark, then would take a step back and investigate why. I dont like using starting fluid to start anything either. Carb cleaner yes, but no starting fluid.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts