Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 2.4l non spyder gs. few ugrades to it done already but i want more power. I have a cat back in already with a cold air intake. upgraded spark plugs and fuel injectors (this was done before i bought the car). i havent tuned it yet i dont think it needs one. im new to the car scene so please no hate open to any suggestions. Add my IG @Slowspyder
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
USN
1,076 Posts
You can call it a coupe or hatchback as opposed to non-spyder. That was an odd one to read. More power involves dual-overhead cam swap, turbo, or both. It will cost a little bit. Also, wtf is up with the light on the hood? Do you take it off roading? There are much better lighting options that are safer for everyone. I would hate to drive opposed to that light. I would say that I have a set of lights that would be best, but shipping is around $100*, I think, to get it across the country to PA.

*Edit: Unless you live semi-close to a greyhound station

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can call it a coupe or hatchback as opposed to non-spyder. That was an odd one to read. More power involves dual-overhead cam swap, turbo, or both. It will cost a little bit. Also, wtf is up with the light on the hood? Do you take it off roading? There are much better lighting options that are safer for everyone. I would hate to drive opposed to that light. I would say that I have a set of lights that would be best, but shipping is around $100*, I think, to get it across the country to PA.

Bought the car with light attached the previous owner said he didn’t really know what he was doing when he out it on so there an additional 4 holes about 1/4 inch right in the center so I’m just waiting on a new hood at this point. It makes for a good spot light tho. I was told that tuning will also add some power but it wouldn’t really do much without any actual upgrades. I don’t know much about cars as I am just getting into the car scene but about how much would I be spending with a turbo and the dual overhead cam swap? Either separately or if I’m doing them both

·
Registered
2002 Eclipse GT 5 Speed
64 Posts
I have an 04 2.4l non spyder gs. few ugrades to it done already but i want more power. I have a cat back in already with a cold air intake. upgraded spark plugs and fuel injectors (this was done before i bought the car). i havent tuned it yet i dont think it needs one. im new to the car scene so please no hate open to any suggestions. Add my IG @Slowspyder View attachment 45266
View attachment 45267
View attachment 45268
View attachment 45265

Yay!! A return of the hardtops!

First things first, I suggest you get the tune brotha. It's probably the most important part to dialing in your car cuz it would be a waste to have those things done, especially the injectors, and get no tune for it to optimize everything to work together better and free up some power at the same time while possibly destroying your engine if you're not careful.

Get the Tune. Then, look up the G4JS Hyundai/Kia head swap. I would say Evo 8 but let's be real, I'm sure if you had money to buy an Evo 8 head you'd rather buy the whole car and block that came attached to it too lol. So research that and get a tune anyways. It'll be worth it brotha, trust me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts