Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Though there are no great changes to the 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse you'll see at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show, it will look more like the Evolution X — and sharing a likeness with a hero car is never a bad thing.

The split-grille schnoz that made us slightly uncomfortable in the presence of earlier Eclipse coupes and Eclipse Spyders is gone. It's replaced by the maw of Mitsubishi's new corporate trapezoidal grille. The retrofit suits the Eclipse, as if the car has always been meant to look this mouthy. On GT models, you'll also note a standard set of high-intensity-discharge headlamps — a feature never before offered on Mitsu's coupe and convertible.

Wander around back and you'll see the dual exhaust outlets that have become an aesthetic requirement for coupes in this price range, even the front-wheel-drive ones. But these pipes are indicative of a real dual exhaust system on the GT. It coaxes an extra 2 horsepower and 2 more pound-feet of torque out of the 3.8-liter V6, now rated at 265 hp and 262 lb-ft.

This chunky coupe and convertible have never been known for short braking distances, so it's good to see that Mitsubishi is also sizing up the rear brake discs on GT models. Stability control, already included on the limited-edition '08 Eclipse SE-V6 coupe, will be standard on all 2009 GT coupes and convertibles when they go on sale this summer.
The new rear wing looks better than the previous "Crunched EVO wing".

·
Registered
436 Posts
I agree, the new wing does look better. It also appears to have less wheel gap space. Those are also some nice wheels. Also, I like the addition of the dual exhausts; but there is something about it they could of improved better. I'm not a fan of the interior though.

Eh.. I'd buy one.

·
roots
2,783 Posts
The wing makes it look more like a 2G GSX-ish.

and

Wander around back and you'll see the dual exhaust outlets that have become an aesthetic requirement for coupes in this price range, even the front-wheel-drive ones.
:lol:

·
What Speed Limit?
604 Posts
That's a sexy beast. I would probably buy one if it wasn't still one-front-wheel drive. More of a 'sporty' car than a 'sports' car. I'm sure they'll sell tons of them though.

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
i love what they did with this new year! this car needed a lot of work for it to look buyable... the fact they have already thworn on projectors and HIDs is a huge plus!

the back looks much more aggressive than previously. the chrome bezels in the headlights and taillights just need to be painted black inside and itll be sweet...

·
Red Beast
1,164 Posts
I've never even noticed the third window, looks weird. Car looks better, but I would still go for something else.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Ill just wait to see what the 5G is all about.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts