Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Show and Go FTW!!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am swapping a 3.0 into my Avenger and I have the motor sitting on a stand in the garage. What do you guys reccomend that I should do to the motor while it is sitting on the stand?

I already have:
Injectors
Headers/Downpipe
Aluminum Fuel Rails
MSD Ignition

My plans are to put a RIPP supercharger on it next winter. It will be fully built and everything will be done right. So let me know what you guys come up with.

Thanks in Advance
Dave

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
MSd is a waste of money and does not work too well with our cars. The fuel rails would be only for looks. The injectors don't need to be changed until you have the actualy supercharger to put on. The headers need be put on when the motor is in the car.

So you don't have to do anything.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Do the Diamante intake manifold and throttle body swap.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
:agreed: That's a good one.
Yea it would be a HELL of a lot easier doing the swap with the engine out of the car. Also, while doing the swap Id check out the condition of the spark plugs and replace those while you have your manifold off.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I am swapping a 3.0 into my Avenger and I have the motor sitting on a stand in the garage. What do you guys reccomend that I should do to the motor while it is sitting on the stand?

My plans are to put a RIPP supercharger on it next winter. It will be fully built and everything will be done right.
So you have the engine out of the car now, you want to install it now, and then you want to take it back out to "fully build it" later...:scratch: Any particular reason you have to install it before you "fully build it"...:ugh2:

·
Show and Go FTW!!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the Diamante intake manifold and throttle body swap.
I'll look into it, but I think I have to use the avenger plenum with the sensors that are on that. The 3.0 plenum has different sensors on it.

MSd is a waste of money and does not work too well with our cars. The fuel rails would be only for looks. The injectors don't need to be changed until you have the actualy supercharger to put on. The headers need be put on when the motor is in the car.

So you don't have to do anything.
This is for an Avenger, the MSD is a must and the injectors are a must because the stock 3.0 injectors will not work with the Avenger wiring. Also the stock Avenger 2.5 injectors will make it lean at WOT.

·
Show and Go FTW!!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you have the engine out of the car now, you want to install it now, and then you want to take it back out to "fully build it" later...:scratch: Any particular reason you have to install it before you "fully build it"...:ugh2:
More show points now. I don't have the funds to build it till next winter.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
I'll look into it, but I think I have to use the avenger plenum with the sensors that are on that. The 3.0 plenum has different sensors on it.
Wait your doing the swap with a 3G 6G72 right? I dont see why you wouldnt be able to adapt the sensors.

·
Show and Go FTW!!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a fully built 3.1 on the engine stand at home. The only thing it doesn't have is a cam. I know there is a company in Austraillia that makes cams for the 6g72, but anything in the US?

and I got the Dimante setup figured out. Custom IAC block, some custome work to fit the TPS on the TB and good to go... then a few bucks for polishing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts