Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
TxTuning.com
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years of providing service to 3G's, Galants, and the occasional Status, I've turned off the lights of TxTuning.com at the end of 2018. Honesty is the best for the board and customers to understand. With a growing career, and more recently a growing family, I cannot spend my nights after work providing suggestions and technical support for free to customers who do not pay for services. If I had to guess, 90% of the e-mails I was receiving through TxTuning were those looking for detailed help, such as what mods to buy or how to perform engine swaps, with very little of the time actually purchasing a service. As of early last year, I decided my time outside of work was more fulfilling being surrounded by family, friends, and my own projects, when in all fairness, these questions are more fit to be asked here on C3G or the Facebook group. I'm still tuning for my own cars and hope the 'Club' can respect and understand that.

Most importantly, thanks to all members of the board, locals, and customers who have contacted me through the site who were interested in the service. It was a fun run to help those who had a need that their towns import tuners weren't interested in providing. I truly hope there is someone on the board with the time, knowledge, and dedication who is willing to provide these services at reasonable prices.

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts
You know im in. Still checking for that rom?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Man I just sent Will home with his 74 swapped Cody tuned 04 GT. He's one happy camper to say the least. The ROM didn't know at all. Thanks so much for the work Cody, writing the definition file and everything!

·
TxTuning.com
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know im in. Still checking for that rom?
Got it to you.

Man I just sent Will home with his 74 swapped Cody tuned 04 GT. He's one happy camper to say the least. The ROM didn't know at all. Thanks so much for the work Cody, writing the definition file and everything!
Be sure to get me some datalogs so we can get things buckled up for him.

·
TxTuning.com
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love seeing this. I swapped a 75 intake mani and wai.. Is this with a tune or with out a tune?
That dyno sheet is with the 3.5L upper intake mani, tuned. I'd be interested in working with a 3.0 / 3.8uim. You can certainly see some gains, coming from the GT uim. Get in touch with me if interested in getting full potential out of your mods.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would if you lived in the midwest, i would be all over that, so would White Knight. i'm going to the track on friday to see what all i can do. test out different intakes and all that jazz. I haven't checked if my ECU is tune able yet. thanks for posting the link up to the how to, i forgot to book mark it when i came across it last time.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Quick question. Is evoscan the only good data logging program? i'm using Scan tech 0.77 right now with a 10$ ebay cable, and it's not really performing the way i want it, although it works, it's just abnormally slow.

·
TxTuning.com
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick question. Is evoscan the only good data logging program? i'm using Scan tech 0.77 right now with a 10$ ebay cable, and it's not really performing the way i want it, although it works, it's just abnormally slow.
Evoscan is the only program I deal with. Obd2 Scantech is, less say less advanced and offers less options. Try minimizing your selected recorded values. When I datalog, I limit what's recorded. Timing advance, afr map, wideband, knock sum, rpm, and ecuload. The more you log, the larger the file and less detailed it will become.

·
I am who I hate
472 Posts
Barring nitrous this is the best bang for your buck on the market right now. Not only does it add power but at lower rpms below 3k it increases gas mileage by getting rid of the overly rich stock afr. Definatly worth way more than what this hairy little man is asking.

322 Posts
For those of you who are debating whether or not to get a tune, do it. If you have done any modifications (intake, exhaust, etc.) The tune he gives will eliminate all the overly rich AFR in the upper rpms area, and will give you a nice clean and strong pull up to redline.

I first started out with a factory tuned 3.0L, which was sluggish and didn't really give me the torque I wanted. When doing WOT pulls, the AFR would be far to rich in the upper rpm area and would feel like the engine isn't making power anymore. With a few internal engine issues, I had to replace the motor, so I opted for the 6g74 swap (for the lower cost and ease of install). I didn't really notice too much of a difference in power after the swap, though I did notice an increase in low end torque. On WOT pulls, I still noticed that power seemed to decrease significantly as the rpms went anywhere higher than 4,000. Now that I had the motor in, I contacted Tx4Codeman for a tune. In the end, the tune uses the motor to its fullest potential and provides a clean pull with a much better distribution of power across the rpm range. On the highway, I notice significantly better torque than I did before the tune. When I cruise, I feel like I no longer need to down shift to get adequate power. Remarkably, I also still get the same gas mileage (maybe a tad less) as I did on the 3.0L factory tuned engine.

All in all, this tune is worth it, and definitely a necessity if you plan on swapping to a 3.5L or 3.8L. There is a noticeable increase in power while running minimal to no knock. It also feels good knowing that my 6g74 is running on a tune meant for the 6g74, and the not the factory 6g72. The only thing negative I can think of is communication was a little slow at times, but definitely worth any wait. In the end, I am very satisfied with his tune, and would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy and safe way to gain a few extra ponies.

·
R.I.P. silverside
4,217 Posts
Codeman doesnt fuck around, he knows his shit. After my swap i was honestly heavily disappointed in the gains, i finally got around to getting ahold of him and after a night of datalogging and talking back and forth it was a clear cut night and day difference.
Its running safe for daily street driving, yet has the get up and go to plant your ass in the seat.

I would recomend the 3.0 cam to anyone doing any kind of tune work because my top end lacks heavily, but codeman helped that out greatly from what it was.

I still need to get around to doing some fine tuning i just never got a usb for the wideband, il get around to it

·
db
986 Posts
Sounds awesome. I have a 74 UIM i'm installing soon so this tune would help me get the most of the CAI and exhaust mods that I have already done.

·
TxTuning.com
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I cant wait to get this done. Hopefully this weekend/mid Week.
Waiting on that Ecu to come in and we will get you taken care of.

Thanks for the PMs man, you got me on board.. :yesway:

Goodbye SAFC2. :wavey:
Certainly the better way of doing things :yesway:

Sounds awesome. I have a 74 UIM i'm installing soon so this tune would help me get the most of the CAI and exhaust mods that I have already done.
Any increased airflow mods will certainly be a great candidate for EcuFlash tuning. You are correct about this making the most out of your modifications. Let me know when you are ready.

To everyone else and their comments of my work, Thanks! :wub:

·
31,349 Posts
Cody, are you going to need a list of mods that are done to the car to help you with the tune? I also have the 60 mm UIM with the 60mm TB, along with CAI, headers, and Catback.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts