Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

4081 - 4094 of 4094 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
ECU Flash

Ok so before somebody jumps my ass about being a noob or whater, im just saying I don't know how to flash the ecu. What do I have to get in order to do that? where can I get the cable for a decent price and how to I go about obtaining the info for the diamante ecu to do the flash on my eclipse?

·
Engine Repair
7 Posts
If this question has been answered on this already sorry bout that. If I do the engine Sep from a 2001 gt would I be getting the knock and barometer sensor problems?

*edit* I'm on mobile and it's hard to read the whole thread

·
Registered
19 Posts
So after reading through this entire thread I still have no idea how to get the diamante ROM to reflash my eclipse ECU, or even how to use ECUflash for that matter. Anyone point me to maybe a different thread or tell me how to get the diamante ROM? if it helps I have the whole diamante car sitting at the shop......

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
So after reading through this entire thread I still have no idea how to get the diamante ROM to reflash my eclipse ECU, or even how to use ECUflash for that matter. Anyone point me to maybe a different thread or tell me how to get the diamante ROM? if it helps I have the whole diamante car sitting at the shop......
What makes you think a rom from a DIFFERENT CAR with a DIFFERENT ECU and a DIFFERENT PINTOUT, different everything, would work with your eclipse? Chances when there's a 60 page thread on an engine swap and no one mentions flashing a diamante ROM: Nobody does it. You don't use a diamante ROM. You TUNE your car with Ecuflash. A custom tune is necessary to make it happen. You aren't about to pick it up yourself either at the rate you're going so you're gonna want to hit up the email tuners who can send you a tune for what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
all of you that try to make this swap sound as simple as in and out are dead wrong. I'm in the middle of the swap and there are a lot of subtle differences that make a big pain in the ass. does the motor fit, yes, can u just pull old out and put new in and be done no. lots of fab to be done and relocating. just putting that out there as ive been working on the swap for two weekends now. and idk about the ecu tune. the car runs without it. and since nobody can provide any real help or information in the aspect of tuning the ecu I called the local performance shop and they said you can rip the diamante ecu and flash it. thanks for all the help...... kinda

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
It's a direct swap. Out and in. Literally everything bolts up. You use the diamante upper ps and alternator brackets, diamante exhaust manifolds and everything else fits. The only thing you have to do is wire up the iac pigtail. If you're doing more than this you are screwing up. And if you attempt to flash a diamante Rom you'll brick the ecu.

You can take this from someone whose done upwards of 10 74 swaps or just keep banging your head against a self constructed wall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a direct swap. Out and in. Literally everything bolts up. You use the diamante upper ps and alternator brackets, diamante exhaust manifolds and everything else fits. The only thing you have to do is wire up the iac pigtail. If you're doing more than this you are screwing up. And if you attempt to flash a diamante Rom you'll brick the ecu.

You can take this from someone whose done upwards of 10 74 swaps or just keep banging your head against a self constructed wall.
ok well none vacuum hoses go to the same place. using the vacuum setup from the 72 things are different as is the throttle body. I'm having to custom fab something so the vacuum hoses connect properly as well as there are some connectors that are not the same. the diamante motor has less connectors than the 72

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
You have a vacuum diagram on the hood, rerunning lines shouldn't take 2 weekends. If you peel back the wire loom on the harness you can move pigtails to their sensors without changing anything.

Or you can pull the vacuum sensor plate off the stock manifold and rerun the lines like stock.

Either way. That doesn't change how bolt on the swap is. Everything fits fine.

4081 - 4094 of 4094 Posts