Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone on here running with a 3.5 liter. Has anyone tried? Just curious if a hyundai sante fe would fit.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Sigh.

the 3.5L has been swapped in a great number of times. Why don't you check the GT/GTS performance forum?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not looking at doing this just curious as of what kind of number increase was seen. I know its being done to my platform 3000gt/stealths....na and vr4.....anyone have one of these boosted...just curious.

·
Hola
1,714 Posts
please....please.......please stop asking question. Just use the search button. something like dyno, 3.5, or dyno, 6g74.........or hp, 6g74..............anything....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did a search and only dyno i got was tearstone.......i really dont care that much to go through a crap load of pages searching for dyno results on boosted 3.5l. I was just curious to see what kind of numbers ur seeing with the 3.5l boosted. im sorry im bothering everyone with my questions.

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
This has been covered many times. With the 6G74, you SHOULD be expecting not much hp increase, but roughly 30 ft lbs of tq and a better power curve. Search is your friend.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did do a search just was wondering y no much came up and after the first responses it seemed like there was alot. did a search again and same thing. Glad to see the platform is doing good. The forum gets cluttered up with people beating around the bush. Maybe to make things easier someone should make a thread of dynos of 3.0 na 3.5l na and 3.0tt or t and 3.5tt or t.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know what a 3.5l can do tt i have alot of dyno sheets to prove for 3000gt/stealths....just seeing how the numbers are for these cars

·
makin territories
1,205 Posts
ok i guess i cant resist. i made over 30whp and 48wtq just from the swap with no tune. after the tune im looking at an increase of 40whp and 52wtq (these most recent numbers were recorded with an engine temp of 212 degrees and three runs, my radiator fans wouldnt come on and the dyno had no fans) so i was a little down on power. oh and i live at a 4500ft elevation:bigthumb:

there that wasnt hard now was it club3g:loser:

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
I did a 3.8L swap. :twothumb::inlove::elvis:

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
nice twin or single??
Its a single turbo set up. I'll be using a H1C turbo. I'll be keepin the boost at about 2.7 pounds for about a month after the install just to play around with the tune a bit, and than I'll be bumping it up to 5psi afterwards, it'll be staying at 5 till I build up my spare 3.5 block.

The details of my setup are as follows

H1C turbocharger
2nd gen side mount intercooler
38mm wastegate
manual boost controller
440cc injectors
walboro fuel pump (already installed)
custom turbo piping (will be done by a local exhaust shop)
ebay intercooler piping with non ebay couplers

I'll be using the stock fuel pressure regulator for my setup, I will be setting up the intake side as a "blow through" setup (alot may disagree with this type of setup, I have personally seen it set up this way in person and the guys car ran great.....so i'll be doing it that way too). As for the tune, I'll be using Ecu flash for tuning.

I currently have all that I need for my setup, except for the turbo piping and 440cc injectors. I'll be having the piping made approx. 2 weeks from now. I'll be buying the injectors hopefully this weekend, If not, definatly no later than wednesday of this comming week.

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
Its a single turbo set up. I'll be using a H1C turbo. I'll be keepin the boost at about 2.7 pounds for about a month after the install just to play around with the tune a bit, and than I'll be bumping it up to 5psi afterwards, it'll be staying at 5 till I build up my spare 3.5 block.

The details of my setup are as follows

H1C turbocharger
2nd gen side mount intercooler
38mm wastegate
manual boost controller
440cc injectors
walboro fuel pump (already installed)
custom turbo piping (will be done by a local exhaust shop)
ebay intercooler piping with non ebay couplers

I'll be using the stock fuel pressure regulator for my setup, I will be setting up the intake side as a "blow through" setup (alot may disagree with this type of setup, I have personally seen it set up this way in person and the guys car ran great.....so i'll be doing it that way too). As for the tune, I'll be using Ecu flash for tuning.

I currently have all that I need for my setup, except for the turbo piping and 440cc injectors. I'll be having the piping made approx. 2 weeks from now. I'll be buying the injectors hopefully this weekend, If not, definatly no later than wednesday of this comming week.
Why not turbo the nova instead :bigthumb:

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
The turbocharger that I have isn't big enough to support the 6.6L that is in there right now, thats why lol

Twins will be going on the nova hopefully by october of this year.

The H1C turbocharger has a T3 flange on it, yet its a huge turbocharger, Before I bought it I had researched and found that a few Nissan owners (240zx owners) and a few honda owners (civic owners) were using these turbo chargers and saw full boost around 5,000 rpms....(if anyone here has seen these, they are big turbochargers, the one I have came off a 5.9L dodge turbo diesel truck)

I was looking at some compressor maps and had found that this turbocharger is perfect for the 3.5L.

This weekend I'll be taking the oil pan off my spare block to a welding shop to have a oil return bung welded onto the oil pan. Hopefully I will also be able to install it this comming sunday.

The one thing I'm still debating on is adding a aftermarket FMU to the system (a 1:2 FMU). I'll end up making a new thread soon,so i won't be thread hijacking or anything like that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.