Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

What’s the cause of low Compression

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2001 2.4l iv asked recently on what’s wrong with it. Iv narrowed it down and replaced damn near everything but I have 30psi in each cylinder, and doesn’t start just cranks, Iv done the timing already and prob everything besides the valves and pistons and ring, what do you think the low Compression could be from?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Add a few ml engine oil to the cylinder. The oil helps seals the rings. Then run the compression check again. If pressure goes higher, the problem is your rings. If pressure stays the same, the problem is your valves or valve seals.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,044 Posts
If your timing was way off during the initial start, you may have bent the valves. The 3gs are interference engines. After doing jelazar's suggestion, do a a leak-down test.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey I have a 2001 2.4l iv asked recently on what’s wrong with it. Iv narrowed it down and replaced damn near everything but I have 30psi in each cylinder, and doesn’t start just cranks, Iv done the timing already and prob everything besides the valves and pistons and ring, what do you think the low Compression could be from?
Buy a rebuilt or used engine long block due to it being the cheapest way to fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts