Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finishing printing a MAF adapter to 3 inch tubing for big ass conical filters. saved me some money (needed a air filter) and had a k and n flter ready from the turbo build. figured why the hell not, every time i see someone modify the maf to intake tubing it always looks like shit and cut up.

so i engineered a adapter to fit over. the tab that sits ontop was cut off easily and nothing else was done to make it fit. bolted it up with stove bolts, snugged and seams sealed no whistles or leaks. i did print this in pla at 20 percent infill. pla takes 170ish celius to start warping/melting and most engine bays are usually 110/120. so if your puting yours closer or dont have the heat shielding on you will want to print in either abs/petg/nylon. if you dont have access to printer, this will cost 22 cdn$ to order from my print studio. but shipping is nuts with covid from Canada so please support your local 3d print studios.

uploaded to thingiverse.

theres also the cargo space cover hinge and double din frame on the thingiverse if anyone needs them, i know i did and i appreciete whoever the designer is. cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not the point. the point is there is a piece that will help people attach tubing pieces to the maf. like the post said the air filter was shit and the original intake in poor condition, so... no?. would like to see contributions or ideas for parts and pieces that can be designed and printed for the 3g in support for the community and builders. congrats on the small dick vibes.

·
1,122 Posts
thats not the point. the point is there is a piece that will help people attach tubing pieces to the maf. like the post said the air filter was shit and the original intake in poor condition, so... no?. would like to see contributions or ideas for parts and pieces that can be designed and printed for the 3g in support for the community and builders. congrats on the small dick vibes.
Calm down. You put a noob device on your car that absolutely hurts performance over the cold air intake that comes stock. If you can't take being called out for that, you won't like it here very much. Good job 3d printing though. Better luck next time.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
they sell these already. but i mean good on you for making it! keep up the good work and have fun. learning how to do things is the best part in any build

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
indeed that is true. this ones free for whoever needs one, takes 5 hours to print and costs 70 cents of plastic filament. appreciate the reply, thanks friend, this was done while i can still drive it and map the tubing for the turbo, so any progress i can make with 3d printed parts ill be sure to share with everyone, cheers!

·
V8 > 3G
2,716 Posts
:love: OMG that username! Please continue outdoing the engineers at Mitsubishi for the 3G community and may you quest for 14sec quarter mile times be fruitful. Dream big on both accounts.

·
New To Site
84 Posts

I made a metal plate that bolts into the original air box bracket.with a three inch adapter and three inch neoprene flex pipe from Summit Racing .My K&N Cone Filter hides behind the signal lights. Nice cold air close to the ground ... By the way... that is a beautiful piece you made bro...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts