Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name is Matt from 3SX Performance. We are just finishing up a very sweet single turbo 6G72 3G and I'm wondering where it stands in the HP department.

So far at 15psi it has put down 391TQ and 375HP. I've searched around for a dyno list but I could not seem to find any.

Anyways, we are really excited about this project. We should have to tuned at higher boost this week and expect to surpass 400 at the wheels. Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow with the owners permission. Never claimed it to be in rocket status...yet :p

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
Here is an old thread with a lot of dead links.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/eclipse-performance/1082-dyno-results-rs-gs-gt-diff-mods.html

In the past 5 or 6 years there have been a few people that have been around the 400hp/tq, and a few that have claimed 500. A member by the name MATT had the first build that I know of that surpassed 400hp with a supercharger. The lowest 1/4 mile times are in the high to mid 11's. This is with craptastic 2.1-2.2 60' times on street tires.

BTW, it is nice to hear from someone from 3SX. If you are able to do so, some more info on the car would be nice.

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
callmebryan had a beast as well. I believe he was somewhere in the 450's at the wheels. But as far as I'm concerned youre numbers are pretty darn good.
Keep it up

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't suppose there's the possibility that you guys may release a turbo kit for the 3g?

Those are some very good numbers too. Great job!

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Hello all. My name is Matt from 3SX Performance. We are just finishing up a very sweet single turbo 6G72 3G and I'm wondering where it stands in the HP department.

So far at 15psi it has put down 391TQ and 375HP. I've searched around for a dyno list but I could not seem to find any.

Anyways, we are really excited about this project. We should have to tuned at higher boost this week and expect to surpass 400 at the wheels. Thanks.

What size of turbo are you using? Do you have any pics of your set up? welcome to the forums :wavey:

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Is that on a stock engine? What supporting mods have you done?

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Is that on a stock engine? What supporting mods have you done?
I'm pretty sure that wasn't on a stock motor, the stock 6cyl is good to about.... 6psi right?

Anyway, Matt! Its awesome to see you online. I am sure you remember my car. BTW I blew my motor and am currently working on building a new one (block is in the machine shop).

Back to topic, I have only seen one dyno at 300hp, and it was a 4cyl. I haven't seen any dyno sheets showing numbers that high on this platform, especially on the 6cyl with 15psi. Thats great! Congrats on the numbers.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,035 Posts

Nice, but I'll second the motion to those who asked for more information on this car. Anything on the build and/or tuning method used would be great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey Sean! Sorry to hear about the motor :( :(

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'd love to post more info but the owner is really excited and wants to post everything :)

She is strapped to the dyno right now and we should have some higher numbers tomorrow. More boost and we have not even messed with the cam gears yet.

We really had a good time with this project. This was our first major 3G build. We had been itching to do a nice one for a while. I can't give details but I will say it has all forged internals. The engine is good for reliable 700WHP. This setup will not see more than 500 on race gas.

Anyways, we love the 6g72 so if yall need anything just hollar. I'm sure the owner will post up more info soon.

EDIT: we are using MAFT in blow through and open port for tuning. Big thanks to Jeffery for the definition file :)

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
Very cool. Let me guess, that block has the 3SX rods in it. When I was getting my block machined and balanced, the machinists there (who built 9-second big blocks, small blocks, and import engines all day long) said that the 3SX rods were some of the best-designed rods they've ever seen. That was comparing them to Carrillo, Eagle, Pauter, etc.

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Hey Sean! Sorry to hear about the motor :( :(

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'd love to post more info but the owner is really excited and wants to post everything :)

She is strapped to the dyno right now and we should have some higher numbers tomorrow. More boost and we have not even messed with the cam gears yet.

We really had a good time with this project. This was our first major 3G build. We had been itching to do a nice one for a while. I can't give details but I will say it has all forged internals. The engine is good for reliable 700WHP. This setup will not see more than 500 on race gas.

Anyways, we love the 6g72 so if yall need anything just hollar. I'm sure the owner will post up more info soon.

EDIT: we are using MAFT in blow through and open port for tuning. Big thanks to Jeffery for the definition file :)
Are you guys using the stock camshafts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry guys. I'm not able to release any of those details. I know the owner is very excited to do so.

We were only able to get two runs in this morning and then we got slammed with walk-ins and had to take it off. 427TQ / 387HP at 15.5psi.

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Sorry guys. I'm not able to release any of those details. I know the owner is very excited to do so.

We were only able to get two runs in this morning and then we got slammed with walk-ins and had to take it off. 427TQ / 387HP at 15.5psi.
Nice! :bowdown: Tell the owner to get in this forum asap. I'd like to know what mods he is using. I think that is the highest TQ numbers on a 3G so far. Post the dyno sheet.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts